Interview 61: TheGirlThatLaughs_

1. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?

My name is Korrie. I'm fifteen but I'll be turning sixteen next month! I'm a sophomore in high school and my favorite color is black.

2. What inspired you to write?

Reading many amazing teen fiction books on here. I just knew I had to write my own after reading them.

3. Do you have a specific writing style?

Not that I would be able to point out. I just write. Lol!

4. How did you come up with your titles? 

It was really difficult to think of a title and my mind was just saying, "'Like Totally' difficult." That's when 'Like Totally' was born!

5. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

I wish I did have a message but I don't. Now I feel like a semi-bad author for not having one.

6. How much of the book is realistic?

None of it is realistic. My life is dull. Just like the eggs I ate this morning.

7. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

Nope!

 8. What books have most influenced your life most?

Nothing really influenced my life but Divergent really stood out to me. Watching Tris grow as a strong-willed woman was amazing to read. It made my adrenaline rush so much. Reading about her almost getting killed in a fight to training and then winning one herself. I don't know. I just love that book so much.

9. Describe your writing style in ten words or less.

It is a hot mess but I'm trying.

10. Where do you get your ideas?

 Music. I know that may sound weird but it's true. I really just sit down, put my headphones in, and think back to the last chapter. The music allows me to think through scenes. Dramatic moments. The lovely stuff. All of that jazz.

11. What are some things you like to do when you’re not writing?

Listen to music (all the time), sing, hang out with friends, and eat. I like eating a bunch of junk.

12. What distinguishes good writing from bad writing?

I wouldn't know. I'm a bit of a bad writer. I've just noticed because I've recently began working with editors and the amount of mistakes and confusion I give off is crazy. I'm not one to judge writing.

13. If you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be?

The Bittersweet Fortunes of Korrie the Girl?

14. Imagine your characters are on survivor.  Who will they vote out of the book?

Most likely Serena because she is the one that they hate out of everyone.

15.  Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?

A hobby. I've thought about going for it as a career but I'm not exactly sure just yet.

16. Will you have a new story coming out soon? If so can you tell us about it? 

I do. I've deleted one of my stories, 'The Gangland In Me' because I just wasn't feeling it but now I'm bringing a story that is similar to it back. It'll feature a strong female character, her very dangerous life, and you know ... romance ... They'll be a new title also.

17. What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Just having the new ideas for the chapters. I'm not one that plans before I write. I just sit down and write. So, when I needed to update it would always set me back because I wouldn't have anything on my mind.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

To just take my time with things. I've learned that when I rush to update the chapter and character thoughts are all over the place and that leads to snarky comments. When I take my time to actually type it out it's better. At least that's how I think.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Thank you so much for everything you all have done for my book and I and are continuing to do. I really do appreciate it so, so, so much. I've never thought that this book would have over seven million reads and it's all because of you. Thank you. I hope you all continue on with me as I start my new story here in the next few days. I love you all xx

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

Never become discouraged too quick. It takes time to get noticed. Nothing is instant. We just expect it to be because that's just how technology has brought us up. This is completely different though. This is writing. Be patient. You'll get there, I promise. I actually question why I have the amount of reads I do till this day.