Interview 77: BelWatson

1. Can you tell me something about yourself?
I'm Chilean which means English is my second language, reason why I'm not that good and eloquent. I'm a vegetarian and an anglophile.

2. What inspired you to write?
My love for reading.

3. One of main character commits a crime. Describe how and why.
Well, there must always be a reason, probably the personality, was pushed to do that, didn't have an option. There are so many possibilities. It depends what you want.

4. If you could have any one of your characters become a real person, who would it be and what would you do?
Tammy. She's just so... inspiring and amazing. And I need a band like Prodigy in my life.

5. Is writing a hobby or career to you?
I hope it becomes my career.

6. Do you want your stories to be published one day?
Of course!

7. What do you do when you aren't writing?
Watching movies, sleeping, eating, working.

8. What is your main goal with writing books?
To make a change in the world.

9. What books have most influenced your life most?
So many! It's easier to point authors, like Marianne Curley, Sherrilyn Kenyon and Julie Kagawa.

10. What job did you want to be as a kid?
A doctor.

11.Do you ever experience writer's block?
No, I never do. I only experience laziness. I always plan my stories so I always know what to write and how to write it. However, I don't always feel like writing.

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
Outline.

13. Do you see writing as a career?
Hell yeah.

14. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
I have many but I like Julie Kagawa because although she writes YA books, her books are about so much more. She's brave and clever and so creative!

15. Who designed the covers?
I did.

16. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
To write the synopsis.

17. What was the easiest part of writing your book?
Writing it. Writing is always the easiest part, the one I enjoy the most.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I learn something different with every book. I want to leave a message but as I write that book I realise it's even more complex than what I thought.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Read between the lines. My books are more than just romantic stories.

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?
Practice. You won't anywhere if you don't work your arse off to get what you want. It's not luck. You can have a successful book, but then what? One idea doesn't make a good author. Constant good ideas show they are good authors.