Interview 2: Official_Kye

1. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?
Well, I was born in a location where it has the most bipolar weather called Manchester, England. I moved when I was about 2, with my mom, dad, and brother and sister. That location I perfer to keep secret; although I live in good ol' Amurica. Im 15 and I hate my real name. Growing up i lived in a multicultural house, considering my dad is filipino, irish, british, and chinese. Although my mom is pakistani, filipino, chinese, spanish and japanese. So it was very different growing up, there was a lot, and I mean a hell of a lot of different food and traditions running around my house. Yeah, out of the 3 of my siblings and I, I have the most fucked up accent. It's an american accent, but living in such a multicultural home where my dad has a very strong filipino accent, and my mom having a very strong american accent, where as my 2 siblings have a mix or british and american accent, you can say I pronounce some words differently then others. For example, I don't say "pillow", well at least I'm told, I say it as "pellow". Its a process I guess. Ya know "sir" is "ser", "us" is "uhs". It's weird, probably thats why Im the quietest out of my whole family and friends. lol

2. What inspired you to write?
I've always been into writing, whether it was poetry, fiction, or even non fiction. I just recently got into fan fiction about 2 1/2 years ago, but began actually posting things to about i believe late 2012. Yet I actually started taking writing seriously when I was about 11, or 12. During those times I went through tough situations where my perspective on life actually shifted. Therefore I found that when I write, I tend to write how I feel through the text written on the paper. So it was sort of an escape at the time, yet I didn't really post anything.

3. What do you do when you are not writing?
I'll be honest with you and say I don't do much. Most of my time is incorporated between school and my friends and family. I also like eating jalapeno cheetos, and spending half my time on youtube. but I do have my share of fangirling between 4 brits and 1 irish man. Haha, so yeah I'm a weirdo.

4. How did you choose the genre you write in?
I just write mate. Whichever interests me, but it has to be something I'm really passionate about ya know?

5. Where do you get your ideas?
A thing called my brain and imagination :)

6. Do you ever experience writer’s block?
All the time! I'm always determined to keep my readers on their feet. I absolutely hate fillers, as hypocritical as that sounds, I hate them, even though they're necessary for a proper book. Most of the time, writer's block is with me, in results of my very slow updates.

7. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
I guess I don't really work with an outline. Mainly the only things that are outlined within my stories is the main events happening throughout the storyline. So I guess its inbetween an outline? haha

8. Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
I would say it's literally a 60/40 ratio. About 60% of the events in my books are imagination, yet that 60% is based off my real life experiences. Mainly it's just a way how I would want have reacted towards the real life experiences.
For example, "My Pretty Boy" was based off times I had, rebelling a few years back, yet it wasn't to extreme as told in the book.

9. Will you have a new book coming out soon? If so can you tell us about it?
Sorry, but no, not in the time being. I do have outlines and ideas written out but not actual stories coming out. Currently I have two stories on hold, and two stories I'm currently writing, so I believe once the two stories I'm currently writing are finished, I'll continue with the two stories on hold.

10. While you were writing, did you ever feel as if you were one of the characters?
All. The. Time. I believe its always happening with the main characters, or at least the character I'm writing at the moment.I feel as if it gives them more character, as if they're a littlemore human. And based on my writing, I must be a pretty bland person lol.

11. How much of the book is realistic?
I hope to make all my books as realistic as possible.

12. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? 
As said before yes there are some expiriences throughout my books there are based on people I know, some of my personal expiriences.

13. What books have most influenced your life most? 
A Change of Heart.it's just a fanfiction, it's teaching me that it is hard to love again. The main character experiences multiple conflicts to actually trust and give her love to someone other then her once loved one. And as cliche as it sounds, it's proceeding to show that no matter how tall you build walls around your heart, or no matter how deep you close yourself out to people, there will always be that one specific person who can completely change your attitude towards the situation, good or bad.

14. Imagine your characters are on survivor.  Who will they vote out of the book?
I don't know what survivor is.

15. How do you cope with writer’s block?
Like what my sister taught me, to make a drunk man sober, you don't need coffee or rehab, all that man needs is time. 
So in other words, my way to cope with writer's block is time.

16. Who designs your covers? If you do, what programs do you use? 
I do. I'm a one man band here. And I use multiple programs, such as paint, photo studio 11

17. What was the hardest part of writing your book? 
Catching the readers off guard. More of plot twist, if you'd like. And since there are many books towards the genre I write in, it's mostly keeping my book unique

18. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? 
Writing something interesting, is tough. Thats what i learned lol

19. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 
HELLO PEOPLE WHO READ. Wait, that's not the same thing as followers huh? Hi? Readers?. ehem. I apologize for not updating /.\ I know I'm horrible. It's just busy busy. The reads and votes are appreciated though!

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?
If you're scared to write something, just write it! You won't know if your writing is good or not if you don't actually write it