Interview 115: Mysterious_Writer

1. Can you tell me a bit about yourself?

A bit about myself, that's a really hard question, It's like when you go for a job interview and they ask me tell them my three strengths and I just feel like saying, But I don't go to the gym. Off topic, well I like Malachite (google this) and I used to love police officers like intensely and not I hate them.

I love ice-cream so you buy me this and you have yourself a date.

2. What inspired you to write?

I have no idea

3.Do you have a specific writing style?

Not really, I just write, if you read all my stories you can tell I'm quite different among them all

4. How did you come up with the titles of your stories?

More like I make up a story to suit the titles of my stories, I love making up new title. I legit have a word document with about a hundred cool title and I will one day write a story for all of them

5. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? 

No hahaha

6. How much of your book is realistic?

Realistic, well the places are and sometimes I cast my friends or aspects of them in there, but then again it is a story, fictional so no one should read them and hope that it's real. By saying that everyone who falls in love with the male or female character should know that they are fake and may not be real in life. But saying this the time at which my stories flow I keep realistic, you don't just let the main characters meet and make them fall in love, it takes time, all good things take time.

7. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

Yea every now and then, if something funny happens I sometimes pop that in

8.Imagine your characters are on survivor.  Who will they vote out of the book?

Well in MBL, as much as we love Adrian the way he annoys everyone he would probably be booted off first

9. What job did you want to be as a kid?

Vet, and then I ended up allergic to animal.

10. What is your main goal with writing?

To one day publish, but then I don't know if I want to do that, I don't know if I want people to know who I am

11.Do you ever experience writer’s block?

not really, I experience what I call lazy block. I know what I want to write and even the events, words, phrases etc, I just can't be bothered typing it.

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write?

Just write, I know in my  head what the story will be like, and when I start writing I usually end up there eventually, after a few changing tracks, u-turns and lane changes.

13. Imagine your main character dies on page one.  Everything else remains the same.  Describe the new plot to your book.

So in MBL the main character is Ivory, if she dies it will be weird because its a 1st person view writing, I guess Darius will just go into a meltdown and if they have any kids at this point he would take over the role, Adrian would try setting him up with chicks and fail. So wouldn't go anywhere really, the story would continue with the absence of her but the other characters working around to make up for her loss.

But since they die on page one, the new narrator can be a woman who finds out about ivory and the history and stays to help the family or maybe even find love again with Darius which I really don't want to happen since I am too emotionally invested in the pair of Ivory and Darius.

14.  What do you do when you are not writing?

I think about what I want to write, I usually start a new story every week, which is ioncredibly bad because I have 4 USBS filled with unfinished stories, some have good potential and some are just cheesy moments for me to smile at

15.  Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?

A hobby that one day will turn into a career (part time of course)

16.  Is there any book are you ashamed to have read? Why are you ashamed you read it?

Nope, none at all.

17. What is the weirdest thing that has ever been said or done to you by a fan? 

I have a penpal, and I have some people's snapchats, I should be the one apologising for spamming people with my stories feature on it Soz guys ily

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

I write my characters as how they are, confident individuals who are them selves, and I forget that sometimes I should be myself, at moments we all act differently based on the situation but we shouldn't, because we are who we are.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 

I love you all, as much as I get my outbursts of anger when people do exactly what I don't want or make stupid comments on my stories, I have a profound love i sttill love you all

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

write what you want to write, not what you think you need to write