Interview 30: UnicornFartGlitter

1.Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?

Okay well, I’m an eighteen year old Engineering student at college. I’m from Scotland (that other part of the UK - and no I’m not ginger). I swear like a trooper and suffer from a horrible case of wanderlust. Killing off favourite characters is my favourite activity in the entire world.

2. What inspired you to write?

I guess I just saw a load of people writing great stories, and I wanted to be one of them

3. How did you discover wattpad? 

I was looking for free books and found the wattpad app :) 

4. Where do you come up with your ideas? 

There’s no one particular place really. Sometimes music really inspires me, but other times it’s when I’ve had a little too much to drink. 

5. Which one of your characters is your favorite?

Urg, I love them all. Asking which is my favourite is like asking a mother what her favourite child is. I’ve watched them grow from idea into voices in my head, they’re all my favourite! Sure, some of them are more interesting than others, but I definitely don’t have one favourite.

6. What is the hardest part about writing?

Title making’s pretty hard.. but so is editing... and filling the plot holes. It’s all hard really. But it’s totally worth it.

7. Imagine your characters are on survivor.  Who will they vote out of the book?

I could imagine Jed being pretty useless out in the middle of nowhere. He’d complain too much, so he might get the boot first. 

8. What are some things you like to do when you’re not writing?

Usually I’m with my boyfriend or at work/college.

9. Who are your favorite authors? Who influences you?

I know it’s becoming a bit of thing but John Green is just amazing okay. He made my cry and I’m a goddamn rock when it comes to emotions. I never break. John Green’s writing is like an emotional sledgehammer. 

10. Where can you see yourself in 5 years time?

Hopefully not living with my parents and hopefully in my last year of University with a masters.

11. What is your favorite movie and why?

Okay movies are too hard to choose a favourite. I love films to death. I love Forrest Gump, and Se7en (whaaaaaaaaat’s in the boooooox?), and The Green Mile, and Serenity, and all Quentin Tarantino and all of the other films that I haven’t mentioned.

12. What advice would you give to your younger self?

Hmmm idk advice to my younger self could really mess up the future and I really like my life right now so I probably wouldn’t tell my younger self to do anything different because it’s cool to screw up a lot in life. 

13. Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?

Paul McCartney - but back in the 60’s when he was so goddamn cute.

14. If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

I don’t think I’d want to steal anybodies work like that. I’d rather get pretty good at writing my own books and write the characters stuck up in my own head than steal other peoples books.

15. Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?

I see it just as a hobby that I love. It’d be obviously amazing if it could turn into a career but that probably won’t ever happen and I’m fine with that. 

16. Will you have a new story coming out soon? If so can you tell us about it? 

Right now, I’m editing so no new stories for a bit. I do have some semi-planned so there are stories in the works :)

17. What was your favorite part about writing? 

The escape. I always needed to escape from my head, and from everything around me, and writing gave me that. 

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? 

How to make people cry (and how to kill characters effectively) 

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 

Thanks y’all for putting up with my shit, and my horrible never uploading pattern. I love you. 

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

‘Write drunk; edit sober’