Interview 58: numberfour_alden

1. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?

I'm sixteen and I'm awesome. (haha!)

2. What inspired you to write? 

I really do like making stories ever since, but it was J.K. Rowling that pushed me.

3. Do you have a specific writing style?

None really. Even if I'm amateur I still have to be versatile.

4. How did you come up with your titles?

Random thinking? Or maybe when it sounds interesting.

5. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

OF COURSE. But I don't know if it was just my lame implications or no one wants to give a damn.

6. How much of your writing is realistic?

As much as possible, I want to be really realistic. That's the reason I'm not a fan of happy endings, or too much sugary scenes that NEVER happens in real life.

7. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

Most of the time it's from my life.

8. What books have most influenced your life most?

Harry Potter books. All seven of them

9. Describe your writing style in ten words or less.

I always mix verbs and I seldom hate changing perspectives. (ten words, teehee!)

10. Where do you get your ideas?

From the open air. Haha! No, seriously. Sometimes my friends would ask when did I ever get a crazy idea but the truth I spend wee minutes to ponder on absolutely random things.

11. What are some things you like to do when you’re not writing?

Ruining someone's life? That's where the 'realistic' part is. I need to know how other people think. READING. No question on that. And maybe, surfing the net for some more random things?

12. What distinguishes good writing from bad writing?

Do I really need to discuss that here? I'm gonna need an essay moment. *winks* Kidding aside, good writing means getting into your readers mind and let their imaginations do the rest.

13.What is the weirdest thing that has ever been said or done to you by a fan?

 I really can't remember any weird comment or what.

14. Imagine your characters are on survivor.  Who will they vote out of the book?

I didn't quite get the question. T__T but if they ever got into Survivor, I'll probably kick away my protagonists. *ugh* Sometimes villains are 'awesomer'.

15.  Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?

I really think it's my hobby, but as a career? Maybe a longshot.

16. Will you have a new story coming out soon? If so can you tell us about it?

I don't usually do this, but fine. I'm planning to do a HUGE crossover about the, *sshhhh* Disney Princesses. But not what fangirls imagine! First up, I'm a guy--and second, I really don't like happy endings. That's how the BIG plot should run, because I will wreck the "Happily Ever After"'s more than what Miley can.

17. What was the hardest part of writing?

When I'm asked about that, I usually say it's the planning on how to START, and how to END a story. I don't know for others.

18.Did you learn anything from writing? If so,  what was it?

Never aim to please everyone.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 

They are awesome and they are so cool for sticking up with me.

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

Not sure if this is appropriate coming from an amateur, but there's always a chance. Never give up.