Interview 141: DoubleDimples

1. Can you tell me something about yourself? My name is Elfa Jurisse (I have two first names) but most people just call me Elfa. Im full Filipino and was born in Butuan City, but since im in the military, my family tends to move around a lot. Ive lived in the Philippines, Japan, Washington, and im currently residing in Hawaii. I am also an unprofessional writer as well as a professional idiot. 

2. What inspired you to write? I think the stories on Wattpad inspired me to write. Reading all these masterpieces made me want to give it a go. 

3. One of main character commits a crime.  Describe how and why. I think that anyone who commits a crime always will have a motive behind their actions. For instance, in my story "The Babysitter" Louis loses himself in his self loathing after his breakup with El and begins this whole new badboy vibe. All he really wants is attention and a little loving.

4. If you could have any one of your characters become a real person, who would it be and what would you do?  I think i would want Matin to come to life because shes just one of those people you cant help but love. Shes literally perfect inside and out, I would definitely become her best friend. 

5. Is writing a hobby or career to you? I see writing as more of a hobby.

6. Do you want your stories to be published one day?  I think every writer wants their stories published someday. It would be really cool to know that people enjoy my work, and it would be better if my work changed their lives or inspired them. 

7. What do you do when you aren't writing?  When im not writing I am usually writing songs or playing my guitar (I named him Landon). I want to one day become a singer or a songwriter because writing music is what I love most. I can literally play my guitar for hours on end if im not bothered. OIther than playing the guitar? Im probably eating, thats a given. 

8. What is your main goal with writing books? My main goal with my stories is to probably inspire others or change their way of viewing their life in a positive way. I dont want to write just anything, I want to write things that are important. I want my stories to really mean something, even if it only means something to one person.

9. What books have most influenced your life most?  I think that the divergent series really made me think about how i view people. Ive started to really pay attention to their little gestures to find out what their intentions are, its weird. John Green's book really influenced my thinking and perspective of life as well. Like Looking for Alaska and Paper Towns made me rethink my life. I might feel like i have a hard time, but I realized that i really need to start appreciating more rather than just complaning and wishing. The fault in Our Stars just murdered me. 

10. What job did you want to be as a kid? . Ive always wanted to be a singer/songwriter my whole life. Ed Sheeran and John Mayer are great inspirations when playing the guitar. I also wanted to become an entreprenuer (I still want to be one) and a fashion designer because i love sewing. 

11.Do you ever experience writer’s block?  I always expreience writers block as well as laziness and procrastination 

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write? I usually plan the big events from beginning to end and then write as I go according to my plans. I like to add twists here and there.

13. Do you see writing as a career? I dont really see writing as a career because im not very great at it to be honest. English is literall ymy worst subject. I think that its just a fun past time for now. I would definitely consider it as a career though.

14. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?  I dont really have a favorite because i love tons of authors. I like Rick Riordan because he includes real facts about Greek mythology into his stories and I find it fun to learn while reading. I also really love John green's stories because he always has a lesson hidden in the book. I love the fact that he makes his books realistic. Life doesnt always end how you want tit o and he always portrays that perfectly. James Patterson is a great writer as well, hands down. 

15. Who designed the covers? I designed my own covers :)

16. What was the hardest part of writing your book? . I think the hardest part is either the summary or the ending. If you dont write a good summary, no one will want to read your story. If you prolong the ending, the story gets boring. So yo uhave to really find a balance with these two. 

17. What was the easiest part of writing your book? The easiest part for me is planning the events of the story. You cant write anything without a storyline.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?  I learned that ive gone a long way since i started writing, and that makes me happy as well as proud. I might not be ana amzing writer, but im very proud with how much ive improved. I also learned that with every story, there will always be a lesson, no matter how small. 

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? I want to say thank you to my readers, literally for everything. Thank you for the votes, the reads, the comments, just everything. My readers are so amazing because they put up with my stubborn attitude and support me no matter what I do. When i needed someone to believe in me, they were there, so i really owe them. Theyve all done more for me than they think they have, and im very very grateful for their support. I want to give them a virtual group hug.

20. Do you have any advice for other writers? My advice is not the greatest, but i will try nonetheless. My advice to those who want to write a book or who are writing a book is that you must always write with passion and a purpose. If youre writing just because you want reads or votes or recognition then i suggest you just stop and delete your story. Without passion or a purpose, the story wont ever be as great as it could be. When you write with passion, the words you put on paper ( in this case the internet) come from your heart, and that is the best writing a person could possibly muster. Also, its great if you have a special message or moral you want to get across.