Interview 55: Poison_Princess06

1. Can you tell me about yourself?

I will be eighteen in a few months, a proud Indian, and your regular crazy one with big dreams like changing the world, making a difference for good, being remembered for who I am etc etc.

2. What inspired you to write?

I wanted to do something for my best friend's birthday that she remembers life long and then it struck me why not write her the story of our friendship.

3. If you could have one of your characters come to life who would it be and why? What would you do with them?

Ryan from Pictures Of You because he was this passionate person who wants whats best for people and was willing to sacrifice his own love just so he wouldn't see her hurt. If he comes to life I'd probably date him :p

Kidding. That's the kind of people the world needs. Who not only sees what's best in people but also brings it out. That would definitely help me in my making a difference campaign that I mentioned in the first question.

4. Where do the your ideas come from?

Everywhere. From something I saw in my dream to something interesting that happened with me. But mostly the way I imagine things to be.

5. Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?

Both. I have the plot of the story which is like a faint idea figured in my head and then I start writing and see where it takes me.

6. How do you think you've evolved creatively?

The first thing I ever published on here was my rant. One wouldn't even consider that creative but I have definitely traveled a long way since then. My imaginations have led me to places I never thought I would reach and I even wrote a short story from a guy's point of view you which is not published yet but I am contended with it.

7.What is the hardest thing about writing?

Doing the characters justice while reaching up to the readers' expectations and making their wait worthwhile.

8. Would you call yourself a wattpad celebrity? Why so or why not?

I'd say no, not yet because there are things I still have to accomplish like complete my pending stories, give my readers a breath-taking story, reach #1 on charts, win a watty. I am unaware of what the future holds but I would like to be one someday.

9. Are you working on any new story you can tell me about?

I am not currently working on it but I will once I am down with my finals. It will be a summer time story where this girl has to take important decisions about her life and the other events happening by.

10. What is your favorite quote?

I have a huge list of favorites but the one that is coming to my mind right now is the one by Norman Cousins: "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."

11. What is your favorite film and why?

Before Sunrise - The idea of two strangers getting down together, spending the night walking, talking about nothing yet everything. This movie and it's sequels where the kind that make you think and maybe even question the things you have believed all along. That is the kind of movies and even books that I instantly fall in love with.

12. Where can you see yourself in 5 years time?

This will be the toughest question for me for I don't know where I'll be. But if things turn out the way I planned I will have a degree, a nice job, proud parents. I'll be someone who people look up to and hopefully still writing.

13. Imagine your main character dies on page one. Everything else remains the same. Describe the new plot to your book.

If Everly James died on the first page of Burning Hearts, that would drastically change the things I have planned for the future of the story but the new plot would be her friends doing justice to her wishes by taking up the things she left incomplete. It would be more like her memoir rather than adventures.

14. What advice would you give to your younger self?

Be myself, believe in who I am and nothing will stop me from conquering my dreams.

15. Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?

Diana, Princess of Wales. I was just a year old when she died but when I saw a documentary of her, it got me addicted. I simultaneously went on wikipedia and learnt all about her life. Did more research and there are definitely some questions I'd like to ask her.

16. If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

George Bernard Shaw & Mrs. Patrick Campbell: Their Correspondence.

It is my current obsession.

17. What was the easiest part of writing?

That would be when you start writing and everything you have to write next just comes with a flow and you don't have to give it a second thought.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

Writing for me is like a road to discover myself. I've learnt a lot about the things that I like, the things I would want to happen, somethings about my dark side, most importantly how pissed I get when things don't happen the way I planned them.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Ahh! My readers. I love you all. You guys are the best! I know I don't thank you enough for waiting while I leave my story hanging and get done with my finals. I really really appreciate it.

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

Just go with the flow and don't let the number of votes affect you. Remember that isn't something you started writing for in the first place and most importantly believe in yourselves