Interview 108: xXMopelXx

1. Can you tell me something about yourself?
Well, my name is Mahrsy, but that was a given (; Um, I like to think I'm very friendly and I used to do Martial Arts once upon a time! 

2. What inspired you to write?
Ever since I was a little girl, I've always enjoyed writing. But I was really, really bad at it. Like no good type of bad. The summer of my sixteenth birthday, life took a rough turn... and I needed an escape from all the shit going on in my life. So, I dropped the paintbrush and picked up a pen and began writing. Ever since then I've never stopped (:

3. What is the weirdest thing that has ever been said or done to you by a fan?
LOL. I've had my fair share of weird things done to me. I don't even know when to begin. BUT there was this one time where this fan  asked me to 'hook' her up with boys I knew. I shouldn't be laughing but it was fucking hilarious hahaha!

4. If you could have any one of your characters become a real person, who would it be and what would you do?
Oh, boy. This one's a hard one. Can I just say that I want ALL my male characters to come to life? I can't seem to decide between Samuel Adams, Cade Brown, Andrew Heath, Jared Roy, Nathaniel Jordans, Nicholas Kings or Axel Dion? So, I'm picking them all. Just let your imagination run wild and imagine what I'd do with them (; 

5. Is writing a hobby or career to you?
Writing, for the moment being, is simply a hobby. I'm in college right now and I want to pursue a career in commerce/business? However, when I'm a little older, I want to finish writing a few books and take my luck and send one to a publishing house. I guess we'll just wait and see where things go? (; 

6. Do you want your stories to be published one day?
I guess I answered this one in the previous question. But yes, I would like that! My stories are first drafts right now, but some of the stories I post in the future on wattpad will be the ones I work on 'maybe' getting published (:

7. What do you do when you aren't writing?
Considering the fact that I spend so little time writing, I do a lot of other shit. For example, attend school, study for my courses, eat, read, hang out with my friends, hit the gym, watch teen wolf, drool over my four husbands. And watch teen wolf again. Oh, and find new dirty pick up lines for my wattpad friends (;

8. What is your main goal with writing books?
For now, I just want to continue to improve my writing. I want people to get lost in my stories and have a great time reading them. I have a lot of fun planning and writing them, so I get really happy when people tell me they enjoy reading my works! :)

9. What books have most influenced your life most?
The Outsiders. Hands down. It's my favorite book (along with TPC series). That book... it was the second 'full' length novel I read and the only book I read in my life that doesn't center around romance. I have a really special place for it in my heart. I was twelve and I sat down and cried for an hour straight after I read what happened to Johnny. Ponyboy was my favorite male character and as cheesy as this may sound... that book was what made me realize how short life is. It made me realize that we encounter several hardships in our life but if we have the strength, we can make it through anything. I really, really admire S.E. Hinton for writing such a beautiful story at such a young age. I loved every single one of the greasers! 

10. What job did you want to be as a kid?
I spent the majority of my time as a kid cooped up in my room drawing and watching cartoons. I wanted to do something in the domain of art. I'm not ashamed to admit this, but I seriously wanted to be a cartoonist. A lot of people laughed when I said told them.

11.Do you ever experience writer's block?
LOL. I believe I'm currently experiencing it with a couple of my stories! I don't think I get this very often (when I don't update it's because I'm simply lazy) but when this hits me, it hits me HARD. 

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
A little bit of both actually. For example, TWAABA (the first and only story I've finished on wattpad) started off with a small outline and I basically just winged a lot of things. I knew what kind of problems would arise in it, but I didn't outline each single chapter like I should have. On the other hand, my newer story, Boundless Ties, is outlined heavily to the very last chapter. I know exactly what's going to be written and said in every single chapter and I know how it's all going to end :) I recommend everyone work with an outline, it seriously helps!

13. Do you see writing as a career?
I would never see writing as a full career. I mean, unless I'm the next J. K. Rowling (which I'm most likely not) I don't think I could make a living out of it. I would, however, love to see one of my stories in print. How cool would it be to walk into a book store and see your book lined on the shelves? Maybe I will do it as a side thing, but my main focus for now is graduating college with a commerce diploma! :)

14. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
Are we talking about on or off wattpad? If it's on wattpad, then I'll admit that I'm seriously in awe of my friends Noelle and Ashley's writing. Those girls were born to write. My heart melts every time I read one of their works. They write teen romances so effortlessly that I have no words. There's also Kammi (berceuses) who I believe is a writing goddess. Damn, that girl's descriptions are the bomb! Off wattpad, well, I have too many to chose. But I do adore S. E. Hinton. The Outsiders really did it for me. I was so impressed that a sixteen year old girl (at that time) could write a whole story through a boy's point of view. The subjects treated in that story were... just delivered so flawlessly. I was speechless! 

15. Who designed the covers?
Are we talking about my stories' covers? If so, then I'm the one who made them :) I love making covers and gif banners!