Interview 38: xxmajaine

1. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself? 

My name is Maja. I’m 23 years old. I live in Denmark with my two rats. 

2. What inspired you to write? 

Wattpad inspired me to write. 

3. What’s the earliest memory you have of writing a story?

 When I joined Wattpad, actually. 

4. What is the weirdest thing that has ever been said or done to you by a fan?

I once got a small fan fiction written to the Lores of Lyra. That was really awesome, but also weird.

5.  If you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be?

Words from a creative mind. <- lol.

6. Do you have a specific writing style?

 Nope. I just go with the flow. 

7.  If you could do a collaboration with anyone who would it be and why? 

 If I had to do a collaboration, it would have to be someone I trusted. I don’t have a specific someone.

8. Who designed the covers?

 I have some really awesome and talented friends. In particular Prisim who, for some reason, always knows what I want before I actually know it myself.

9. What do you do when you are not writing?

 I watch movies, TV-shows, Taiwan dramas, read, etc.

10. How did you come up with the title?

 I use title generators. They never have what I want, but often seeing what I don’t want can help narrow down what I’m searching for.

11. What does your family think of your writing?

 They support it. But none of them have read it since it’s in English.

12. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

That people actually like what my odd brain could come up with. 

13. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

 I’ve written five books in total now. They’re just drafts, but I love them. As for which is my favorite—I can’t say :)

14. What other books are similar to your own?  What makes them alike?

 I have no idea. 

15. Do you have any unique talents or hobbies?

 Not particularly no. I just write—that’s it.

16. Where do you gather most of the inspiration for your works?

 From around me. One of the oldest tricks is to write what you know. Even when you’re imagining stuff, you need to know what you want before you can write it down.

17. What was the hardest part of writing your book? 

 Actually writing it. There’s and obvious lack of vocabulary since I’m not a native English speaker. Often I’ll feel like my vocabulary isn’t up to par, and I’ll start doubting myself.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? 

 I’ve learned more words, grammar, and techniques from writing. Plus I guess I understand myself more by understanding my characters.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 

 I love you all <3

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

 Just keep writing… Always keep writing.