Interview 52: My_Little_Secret_

1. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?

My name is Saloni. I am from India. I am 16 years old. I hate tomatoes. I have an uncanny ability to fall in love with fictional characters. Also I am a bit of a klutz.

2. What inspired you to write?

The amazing books I've read and some real life incidents.

3. Quickly, can you give us the title and genre of your stories?

Crushed by the Crush - Humor and Chick lit

We Belong Together - Teen Fiction and Short Story

Surviving NYC - Mystery/ Thriller and Adventure

Wattpad's Hotties - Fan Fiction and Humor

4. Who is your intended audience and why should they read your book?

The intended audience would be teenagers, mostly. They should read my book because they would be able to relate to it. I am a teenager myself and we go through the same things.

5. How did you come up with the title of your books?

Brainstorming! I also thought about suitable titles according to the plot. Took advice from some people and came to a conclusion.

6. Tell us a little bit about your cover art. Who designed it? Why did you go with that particular image/artwork?

Well all the current cover arts are designed by@berceuses and@Hepbrunettes. They are terrific designer. The covers are related with the book some way or the other.

7. Who is your favourite character from your stories and why?

My favourite character would be Elle Willow from Surviving NYC. She's a very modern girl, I love that about her. She is also fierce, feisty, very independent and witty. I adore female protagonist with girl power!

8. How about your least favourite character?  What makes them less appealing to you?

Hmmm...I don't think I hate anyone.

9. Do you have any unique talents or hobbies?

I can fake sneeze and it looks super real! Yes, I am weird that way :P

10. Where do you get your ideas?

My imagination and brain!

11. What are some things you like to do when you’re not writing?

I attend college, hang out with friends, eat, read loads of books, eat, sleep and repeat.

12. What distinguishes good writing from bad writing?

The plot is better and a little unique and the grammar and vocabulary should be marvellous.

13. If you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be?

I already have a book written on me by me, part of me at least. It would be called 'Confessions of a book junkie'

14. Imagine your characters are on survivor. Who will they vote out of the book?

It would probably be Selena from Crushed by the Crush :P

15.  Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?

Career, I would love to be published one day.

16. Will you have a new story coming out soon? If so can you tell us about it?

I am working on something new. It will be a little like Wattpad's Hotties!

17. What was the hardest part of writing your book?

I have to think the plots through before writing and also I can't always write as I am in college. My life gets very hectic sometimes so I don't have much time to write.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

That you need to be very accurate and particular about your facts and grammar. It is what makes a book good.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

My readers are awesome! I am not exactly a continuous writer and the chapters get late sometimes. But they are always there to support me and bear me. I love them all!

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

Don't ever stop writing.