Interview 114: bookwormprincess

1. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?

I'm seventeen, I live in a very small town in Oklahoma, I live with my grandparents. I have two siblings--an older sister and a little brother. She's 19 and he's 7. I work at a country club and go to a technical center to get my license as a cosmetologist. :) I have a large family, on both sides and I'm very close to most of my cousins.

2. When did you first realize you wanted to be an author?

Birth, hahaha.

3. How’d you find wattpad?

I found Wattpad in seventh grade. One of my friends at school told me about it.

4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

In five years? Married, working at a makeup counter or nail salon, and saving to buy a home.

5. Do you plan on publishing one of your stories?

Eventually, when I write something worth publishing, I will.

6. If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

Revolution by Jennifer Donelly (it's perfection! <3)

7. What is the weirdest thing that has ever been said or done to you by a fan?

All of my "fans" are fairly normal lol.

8. What are your hobbies?

Um...I don't have much time for hobbies, but I love to read and write when I can

9. What does your family think of your writing?

To be honest, most of them don't take my writing seriously.

10.  How do you think you've evolved creatively?

I've evolved creatively, in the fact that the scenarios I write about are more realistic.

11. What is your favorite quote?

"To love another person is to see the face of God." Victor Hugo

12. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?

I've sort of slacked on writing here lately...but usually good, constructive things!

13. What do you think makes a good story?

I think strong, complex, and realistic characters are part of a good story, along with creative vocabulary, real life human emotion, and several universal themes that people recognize.

14.  Imagine your main character dies on page one.  Everything else remains the same.  Describe the new plot to your book.

Well...then, my main man in "Keep My Heart" would have no one left to come home to.

15. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

As a child, I wanted to be a ballerina.

16. Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?

 Too many to list, ranging from Meryl Streep to FDR.

17. What's the easiest part about writing?

The easiest part of writing is channeling my emotions.

18.Did you learn anything from writing? If so, what was it?

I learned, in writing, that if I put myself out there, chances are, I'll have a good return.

19. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

 I would like to say thank you to my readers, who have always loved my stories and shown support. :)

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

My advice for other writers is this: Never stop reading, never toss any ideas you have, and always ask for an outside opinion if you're stuck. :)