Interview 133: xXADreamingRealityXx

1. Can you tell me about yourself? Well, my name is Nicole but people have resorted to calling me by my more colourful moniker Nick- or Nikki, and any is good with me. I live in the middle of nowhere in Alberta (That's right, proud Canadian) and have a love for the outdoors and animals. Most of my days are spent either working, at school, or writing in my free time. I have been writing since I was in grade seven, and completed my first novel that year. It will never see the day of light. After that, I have pretty much developed a love and passion for writing, and will continue to do that until I probably die.

2. What inspired you to write? That's a good question. I guess it was just the idea behind the whole concept of writing- putting yourself in someone else's shoes and writing through a different perspective was just something that really clicked with me. Authors in general were my inspiration to start writing, and they still are now.

3. If you could have one of your characters come to life who would it be and why? What would you do with them? Oh god, if I could bring one of my characters to life. I would definitely have to say that I would bring Eden to life. I just love writing about him- his character is so dynamic and he doesn't have just one vision in his head that he looks at the world as. That, and I made him buff and ripped to the core- and what girl doesn't love that. ;) What would I do with him... I'm pretty sure I would marry him, haha. I seriously just adore his character.

4. Where do the your ideas come from? Honestly, I have no idea. Sometimes they are inspired from something around me, or something that I see, but most of the time they just randomly pop up in my head.

5. Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you? I have never plotted out one of my stories. A lot of the time I don't even know what the next chapter is going to be like before I start writing. I have problems with names, so I make a bunch of notes on my phone with the names of my characters, but other than that I really just write the first thing that comes to mind.

6. How do you think you've evolved creatively? I've really started to get into plot twists with writing, which is something that I was really never good at. My ideas are a lot more original and unique now as well, compared to some of the stuff I wrote a long time ago.

7.What is the hardest thing about writing? The hardest thing about writing is definitely the time it takes. I can write a good ten pages in twenty minutes if I really sit down and work, but a lot of the time I'm just so busy that I don't get enough time to write as much as I like to. Hence my slow updates.

8. Would you call yourself a wattpad celebrity? Why so or why not? Oh definitely not! I think of myself as someone who is sharing their writing with a bunch of other writers. Sure, when I get on the what's hot list I get really excited, but I don't really consider myself as a celebrity. I'm ok with that though- I like where I am.

9. Are you working on any new story you can tell me about? Haha, I am. It's definitely going to be a juicy one too, and I can't wait to start posting it. I've taken a completely different perspective on Faeries and Fae in Corrupted, and I'm really excited for the idea. I think a lot of my fans are going to like it.

10. What is your favorite quote? Ever since I read Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy I have always found myself saying don't hesitate. It always had a deeper meaning to me, and I really like the story behind it from the book.

11. What is your favorite film and why? I'd have to say that out of all of my favourites, Skinwalkers really stands out to me. I loved the script and the idea behind it. I also love werewolves, and so that was really eye-catching for me when I discovered it.

12. Where can you see yourself in 5 years time? I see myself (hopefully) somewhere out in the published world, but I know I have a long ways to go before then. I also see myself with a giant German Shephard named Kenji, and I look forward to then.

13. Imagine your main character dies on page one.  Everything else remains the same.  Describe the new plot to your book. Depending on the story, it would probably move and revolve around a second character, and knowing me it would probably be a big adventure on figuring out why they died. Like in Complicated Matters, if Kadence or Eden died, there wouldn't be a rational explanation as to why, and the story would then take a tour through why.

14. What advice would you give to your younger self? To have taken those lazy days I had and turned them into writing days. It definitely would have helped me improve a lot more, and probably would have put me even further than I am now.

15. Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why? I would definitely like to meet Richelle Mead- I think it would be so cool to just sit down with her drink some coffee and talk about writing. If you haven't already guessed, I love her and her novels.

16. If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why? An author for any book. It probably would have been Harry Potter, because I absolutely loved the series, and the movies did the books justice as well. And well, I'm pretty sure that JK Rowling is sitting pretty good right now too, haha.

17. What was the easiest part of writing? Getting the words down on the page. I never have really had trouble with that- its always just came to me, and I love where it takes me in my head.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? I learned that if you don't give up on something, you will always succeed. I never thought when I started writing Forest Of The Forbidden that I would finish it, but as time went on and I kept with it, I did do that, and that was a huge accomplishment for me.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? Just that I love each and every single one of you- and I cannot express how much it means to me when you guys send me messages and comment and vote- it really makes me feel like I've accomplished something with my writing, and I love that feeling.

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?  Don't give up! There are definitely rough times with writing, I know that. But even though you might have writers block, and no inspiration, never give up on it. Because it takes a lot of work to write a story- and if you have the potential and heart to do it, then you are already ahead of the game. Even if it turns out like crap in the end (like my grade seven piece) you still completed it, and that accomplishment is what makes writing worth it.