Interview 112: LaurenJ22

1. Can you tell me a bit about yourself?

I'm not very exciting haha. I'm 17, from Australia, I'm still at school and love writing although I don't get to do as much as I would like. I do competitive horse riding and work part time. That sums me up really ha

2. What inspired you to write? 

Every other writer in the world!

3.Do you have a specific writing style? 

 Romance and teen fiction.

4. How did you come up with the titles of your stories? 

I don't really know. I just started writing and then I would think of a name that I thought went with it. I've changed The Best Thing For Me about four times haha

5. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? 

Mainly just be yourself and stop trying to change you, to fit in with others. It's overrated and individuality is inspiring.

6. How much of your book is realistic? 

Some definite parts are and then others are completely made up.

7. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? 

 Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? Some parts. The Best Thing For Me has parts of my life more in it then the other two I've written.

8.Imagine your characters are on survivor.  Who will they vote out of the book?

Emma would vote out Britney for sure haha

9. What job did you want to be as a kid? 

 A professional author.

10. What is your main goal with writing?

To one day write something with purpose and meaning, that is successful.

11.Do you ever experience writer’s block?

  I didn't for my first story but now I do suffer a bit because I spend most of my energy and time focused on school work, my job, exam and such.

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write?

 I just write whatever comes to mind.

13. Imagine your main character dies on page one.  Everything else remains the same.  Describe the new plot to your book.

Oh jeeze. this is a bit complicated for this time of the afternoon. Idk how I can even talk a new plot when it's all centered around one person. Boring response, but exams have stripped me of my function.

14.  What do you do when you are not writing? 

I'm either riding, or at school, work, etc. All that exciting stuff.

15.  Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?

  I don't think it will be a career of mine, but definitely a hobby.

16.  Is there any book are you ashamed to have read? Why are you ashamed you read it? 

No, not really. 

17. What is the weirdest thing that has ever been said or done to you by a fan? 

To be asked to write a paragraph of her and her boyfriends sex life. Awks 10/10.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? 

 I've learnt to do things, for your own enjoyment and contentment, not to do things to try and impress others your whole life. Do what you love doing and don't let anyone interfere with it.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 

 Write for you. Don't do it for the fame or the 'views'. Do it because you love to write, not because you want the publicity from it.

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

 You can always get through writer's block. Keep going. Who cares if people are harping at you to update? It's your story, for YOUR enjoyment. Write for you and just enjoy it! That is the best thing you can do.