Interview 134: lovely_lostmind

1. Can you tell me something about yourself? Indeed I can: I love classic rock music! I love to listen to that genre while using my typewriter, I love the way they feel. It makes me feel closer to the story.

2. What inspired you to write? I’ve been writing since I was a tyke, it was just something I enjoyed to do and continued doing as I got older.

3. One of main character commits a crime.  Describe how and why. agenda, and as usual, nothing is black and white.

4. If you could have any one of your characters become a real person, who would it be and what would you do? come to life and I would convince her to go on a camping trip with me.

5. Is writing a hobby or career to you? s a hobby, but I hope to be able to turn it into a career.

6. Do you want your stories to be published one day? -I do have hopes that eventually one of my original works gets published in the near future.

7. What do you do when you aren't writing? m usually watching tv and getting ideas or reading.

8. What is your main goal with writing books?  I want the readers to feel engaged in the story, I want them to 'feel' the story as opposed to just 'seeing' it.

9. What books have most influenced your life most? The Princess Bride, Prairie Lady, and Jane Eyre. I can always open them up and re-enjoy them

10. What job did you want to be as a kid? t stand the germs.

s block?  Do I ever? Oh all the time! It used to frustrate the heck out of me, but I learned how to manage them.

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write?  I have to have an outline because when I free write or even tell stories in real life, I veer off the main topic or plot.

13. Do you see writing as a career?  I do think of it as a career, and I think it could be very rewarding.

14. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? t really have a favorite author,

15. Who designed the covers?  I design all of my covers because I’m a bit picky on how I want the book to be represented.

16. What was the hardest part of writing your book? The hardest part I think is writing the ending. I have to wrap it all up, answer all unanswered questions and resolve all the conflict by then.

17. What was the easiest part of writing your book? The easiest is creating the conflict and main plot, I just think of impossible situations and throw my characters into them… Okay, so not exactly, I make a list of plot/conflict ideas and just pick the one that best fits my desired characters.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? I learned that every aspect of a book is just as important as the next, no matter how minute it seems.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? I just want to my readers to know that I keep them in mind through every step in my writing process.

20. Do you have any advice for other writers? First, I would recommend anyone consider to turn writing into a career, should invest in this book “Writing with Emotion, Tension, and Conflict” by Cheryl St. John, because my god, that is a helpful book;

Secondly concerning writing description I always think of this quote by C.S. Lewis: “Don’t say it was “delightful"; make us say “delightful”  when we’ve read the description."