Interview 96: KissingTheSunlight

1. Can you tell me about yourself?

My name is Linda. I live in Miami, Florida and I'm a sophomore in high school. I was the type of child who did "fit in" on the outside. I had friends and all, but when I got home I felt like I was missing something and no one really understood me. Maybe it was because I was an only child? Maybe it's because I've always thought of big stuff at young ages and always felt like an adult trapped in a little body. This probably makes no sense to you but if you'd know me for at least a year, you would understand my longtime dilemma lol

2. What inspired you to write?

Oh, I've been writing ever since I learned how. I love stories and the ones in my head sometimes overwhelm me. I started writing as a way of releasing the ideas that kept bothering me. Eventually I said "Might as well post them on here and see what other people think." Apparently I'm not the only one that likes my ideas.

3. If you could have one of your characters come to life who would it be and why? What would you do with them?

 I would have my character Ambrose Smith come to my life because I imagine him as Chris Hemsworth. I would do everything and anything with him. He's from the medieval era too, and I've always been obsessed with those times.

4. Where do the your ideas come from?

Deep within me. I'm very creative.

5. Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?

 I like to see where an idea takes me, but I have to write down my thoughts along the way. If not, everything gets scrambled and British Clementine might become German Hilda and I won't even notice!

6. How do you think you've evolved creatively?

 I think I'm evolving quite nicely. My best ideas aren't on the Internet ;)

7.What is the hardest thing about writing?

  Writer' block and feeling like everything you write is utter garbage... Paranoia that everyone is lying that you write well when really they all hate it

8. Would you call yourself a wattpad celebrity? Why so or why not?

 No. I have a lot of fans in my opinion, and I'm grateful for them all, but I'm not that popular. I don't aim for popularity on here, so I don't try aiming for it.

9. Are you working on any new story you can tell me about?

Yes but not a Wattpad story. It's a great science fiction sort of fantasy sort of adventure... Thing. It'll be great but I don't have the specifics yet

10. What is your favorite quote?

Ooh I love this one I saw recently.. It was about how we overestimate things we're not that good at but underestimate our true talents. Something like that I saw in school. Couldn't agree more. I'll message you if I find it.

11. What is your favorite film and why?

 I can't choose a favorite because I LOVE films. Leonardo DiCaprio is my favorite actor but I think my favorite film would be from the 1950's or 60's. I don't know. Please don't make me choose!

12. Where can you see yourself in 5 years time?

Having a great time in college and working on a novel.

13. Imagine your main character dies on page one.  Everything else remains the same.  Describe the new plot to your book.

I don't know, really. If my main character dies on the first page, I guess the rest of the story would revolve everyone mourning his or her loss. To be a "main" character and all.

14. What advice would you give to your younger self?

I use to think about these questions when I was 5 or 6 years old and my advice is always the same. "Don't be stupid".

15. Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?

Amy Winehouse. She touched my soul without any effort at all on her part. All she had to do was sing and my life practically changed. Music is beautiful.

16. If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

The Great Gatsby. Critics can say what they want but I adore that book and it will always be my favorite.

17. What was the easiest part of writing?

Making ideas real on paper. Nothing else is easy though.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

I learned that I should never publish a book directly from what I write on here because I am SO lazy that it's ridiculous. It's not even an actual story, it's just a bunch of ideas and dialogue I call a "chapter". Lol

 19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Thank you so much for supporting me. I love you all :)

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

What you're writing isn't bad. Wait a couple of months and read it over again.