Interview 70: cahllia

1. Can you tell me a bit about yourself?

I’m lazy that’s for sure. I wake up early just to read a book. Oh, my name is Carl and I love it (I’m a girl).

2. What inspired you to write?

Actually my friend just pushed me to write, they always wondered why I am not writing when I like to daydream. My current book was adapted from a certain manhua and I really love him so much so that’s why I use him as a character on my head and I told my friends about it and told me that I should write it since I have a wonderful imaginations, they said. And, I want to share some of it, so I decided to write.

3. Do you have a specific writing style?

I’m trying to make it sophisticated and I failed many times but I’m still trying because I love it so much and I won’t be satisfied if not’s going my way. So yeah it also depends on what type of genre I’m writing and since I’m writing sci-fi I tried to make it sound formal but it’s not about something the future (but the stuff mention on the story are futuristic gadget but the time is on the present time not in the future) so it’s a bit informal.

4. How did you come up with the titles of your stories?

Actually I don’t know how, it suddenly pops up on my mind and I tried to think and find reasons if that title suits the content of my book and I search the meaning the word I think and it fits.

5. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

I do and I always mention it, don’t always live in the past move on, keep moving forward (just like the main character of my story). But, not all times you have to move on something you can’t easily forget. You’ll meet people that will treat you awful and treasure you like a gold.

6. How much of the book is realistic?

Actually none of the situation is realistic and I can’t say that any of it is true or false because there are situations that also apply in reality but most of the content was just a situation that I come up to.

7. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

Yeah you can say that, for example myself or how my brother react to a certain point or that how others react to me if I said something rude or that my friends reaction.

8. Imagine your characters are on survivor.  Who will they vote out of the book?

I think its Cara because she has a strong persona and tend to act on her own and since she is such a clever chick she has a lot of chances to survive. But I also believe Edan too has chances to survive since he is so good with animal maybe he will survive that part using them.

9. What job did you want to be as a kid?

Since I was young even now I always like to become an obi-gyne or something related if taking care of children but that suddenly died when I hit puberty and prefer technology stuff. 

10. What is your main goal with writing books?

The reason is that I want my friend to understand my imagination and wrote it down. But now it changed, all I want is that all my readers will be able to understand my characters I don’t care about popularity but yeah, there’s a point that I want someone to acknowledge my story because I work hard on it and I want to have lots of people to appreciate it. I also hope that I will find someone who will stick to the story tell the end.

11. Do you ever experience writer’s block?

As of now, yeah, but not often because I have this idea ages ago (I think year or more), but I still have difficulties on some parts my mind just went blank, but, I love it when I’m writing that it flowed down in my mind about what I want to write, though it only happens once a month.

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write?

Oh, there’s something like that? I just write I don’t know outlining will work to me. It’s much easier if I just write it down

13. Imagine your main character dies on page one.  Everything else remains the same.  Describe the new plot to your book.

Oh no, I can’t kill my characters I love them so much and also, that only means my imaginations also died because all my characters has a certain role and if I kill one of them that means it will not make sense anymore to me and I just decide not to continue anymore, the end.

14. What do you do when you are not writing?

I play and read and play.

15. Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?

Not actually, if I take it seriously then it’s not fun anymore and I will start stressing myself about what am I going to write and some ideas for the next story, I don’t want that to happen. I prefer it to be just a hobby, it’s more fun that way.

16. Will you have a new story coming out soon? If so can you tell us about it?

Honestly, there lots of them and I can’t wait to finish the current one. There’s also one on the way and I’m starting to write it now because I can’t wait anymore. I won’t tell, it’s a surprise, so yeah if you want to know what it is wait for it to be posted.

17. What was the hardest part of writing your book?

The action part and the romance between the main characters they are so hard. I want it to be kind of unique and not lame and remarkable type of romance. So, finding the write setting and vocabulary to explain the scene perfectly is hard.

18. Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

Yeah, I was able to write more properly since there a lot of critiques here in wattpad. And, I am glad that I decided to write.

19. Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Understand and feel the emotions of each characters they don’t just appeared in the story just to be a dummy, they have their own purpose to help the progress of the main character.

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

All I can say is that write a realistic plot, a unique one. Don’t copy other writers plot make it your own and be proud of it. And don’t beg others to read it, just wait there are lots of readers who will read it. You don’t have to act like a beggar and asks for their votes because in truth, even if they do that, that doesn’t mean they really like it. They hit that stars because your pitiful.