Interview 75: REVillarreal

1. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?
Well, my names Robynn believe it or not. I really have no idea why my parents decided to name me that. I'm usually the pun for jokes like, "Hey Robin, where's Batman?" I'm a high school student in Texas. I've been writing since I could remember. I love peanut butter and ice-cream.

2. What inspired you to write? 
I really don't have a specific reason as to why I write. I've always had a vivid imagination, so I decided to make something out of it.

3. Do you have a specific writing style? 
I love Third Person, but with a few current stories I have out now, I decided to suck it up and write first person because I thought they would best suffice in the tense.

4. How did you come up with your titles?
Um, I don't know. I, uh, just did? Ha.

5. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
No. I have no theme for my stories. I write pure fiction with no realistic message.

6. How much of your writing is realistic?
None. Although I do wish I was Kayla from "Handcrafted Boyfriend."

7. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
Nope. Not at all. Although, sometimes I wish. I would love to live in a world where all fiction was real. Now that would be epic.

8. What books have most influenced your life most? 
I would have to say Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. The book was captivated my attention from the start, though most thought of it as boring.

9. Describe your writing style in ten words or less.
Unrealistic and completely unedited. 

10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 
I see myself on my first year of college, trying to live the 'adult' life and buying books every Friday like I usually do.

11. What are some things you like to do when you’re not writing?
 Sleep. I love sleep, and sleep loves me. It's a mutual relationship. In fact, I have a date with my bed tonight. We're totally going to sleep together. (that make any sense, ha?) I also like to hang out with my friends and work out. I'm constantly cooking too, trying out different 'healthy' recipes I can find.

12. What did you want to be when you were a younger?
I wanted to be a veterinarian. I don't see how I came up with that idea because I'm highly allergic to most animals with fur.

13.What is the weirdest thing that has ever been said or done to you by a fan?
Nothing really. We're all pretty cool with each other. (:

14. Imagine your characters from any one of your books are on survivor.  Who will they vote out of the book?
I imagine Andy from Handcrafted Boyfriend voted off from Survivor. Although I haven't really written the story, he's the biggest wimp there is. In a good way of course. (;

15.  Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?
Yes.

16. Will you have a new story coming out soon? If so can you tell us about it?
Yes! I'm SO excited for it. It has Greek Mythology, and Paranormal creations in it.
Here's a bit of the synopsis:

Run.

Don't look back. They know you will eventually; that's when they strike. When they kill you, when you die, when you finally see death himself, they'll be watching. Laughing in he background as you die, pleading for anyone to help you. The last thing you see before you die is their next victim.

It's still a work in progress and I haven't had a clue as to what it should be called, but expect it up by the end of the month... possibly.

17. What was the hardest part of writing?
I think the hardest part of writing is to actually gather ALL of your thought to come out from your head down to your fingertips as you write. Sometimes you leave thing out and sometimes you don't add enough.

18.Did you learn anything from writing? If so,  what was it?
I did actually. Don't limit your imagination. And insert cheesy quote; &quote If you can believe, you can achieve! &quote

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 
Thank you for all your support. I truly appreciate it! Kisses and hugs to all (I should start singing the beetles, all you need is love, eh?)

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?
Don't let anything get in your way because in the end, who will be laughing then? All the bullies who say crude things about your works or who you are, don't pay any attention to it. People are only envious and they express it in maliciousness.