Interview 8: Entice_

1. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?
I'm hopelessly devoted to fries and male models. I'm half Filipino and half Australian :) I'm in a university and I like to write things.

2. What inspired you to write? 
 A lot of things inspire me to write. Songs and people inspire me a lot. But, the one thing that really gave me the courage to post here was my best friend

3. Do you have a specific writing style?
 Not really, I like to explore different genres and things. 

4. How did you come up with the titles?
Titles are my specialty, it's important to have a really catchy and original title. I usually pick something, item, problem, or thing that is essential to the story and that's how it goes. 

5. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
 Never stick to cliches. Everyone is different and yeah that's it I guess.

6. How much of the book is realistic?
 About 30% is real. The ideas where I got them from happened to me, someone I know, or I've seen but I other than that it's completely fiction. 

7. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
In Desperately Seeking Charming, the character of Xander, was based on two people I know I just mixed them together. Birds and Bees, where the two characters parents find their birth control, that happened to my brother and a scene on TV that I saw. 

8. What books have most influenced your life most?
A visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan really made me think. Learning to stay true to yourself and the importance of time really was interesting. 

9. What book are you reading now?
 I am reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green, The Keep by Jennifer Egan, and I plan to read Les Miserables

10. Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
 I think I am interested in more of John Green works although I'm a little hesitant about reading The Fault in our Stars.

11. What are your current projects?
 My current projects are Courting Cactus, Remedy, Desperately Seeking Charming, and Birds and Bees.

12. Do you see writing as a career?
 Of course!

13. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
 Dialogue, I need to work on that a lot. I feel like it's too ordinary. 

14. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
 My favorite author would have to be Jennifer Egan. She creates this world, for example The Keep. Her description of the castle in Bulgaria or Romania is so beautiful and dark. I love it.

15. Who designed the covers?
 Kammi@berceuses designed Courting Cactus. Noelle@hepburnettes created Desperately Seeking Charming. The rest are the one's I made, yes it's horrible.

16. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
 Having the will to go on, I tend to lose interest or focus easily.

17. What was the easiest part of writing your book?
The easiest part is creating problems and the plot, I love adding drama and whatnot.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? 
I learned that character development is important. If you character doesn't grow how will you.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 
You guys are awesome and absolutely lovely. It means a lot that you like and continue to inspire me every day. 

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?
Always write for you. I believe that if you write for readers and other people, it becomes a chore and you don't want that. You should write because you love it and it gives you a satisfaction that you accomplished something. At least for me anyways.

Thank you again for doing this, I appreciate this! Thank you for even considering me :)