Interview 5: LovelyLivvi

1. Can you tell me something about yourself?
I'm a seventeen year old Australian author with a passion for reading, writing and procrastinating.

2. What inspired you to write? 
Everything, something, nothing. Sometimes I'm surrounded by encouragement, sometimes one particular thing inspires me and sometimes it's nothing at all; just voluntary brainstorming and planning. 

3. How was it like to be a watty awards finalist? 
Amazing! This is my second time entering in the Watty Awards. I still get that agonising twist in my stomach, but it's amazing to know my work has been recognised. 

4. If you could have any one of your characters become a real person, who would it be and what would you do?
Tess, from my story, Flo. I love her character and fun personality. Great sister or friend material. 

5. Is writing a hobby or career to you?
Both. At the moment it's a hobby. I enjoy writing, but one day I'd like it to become a part-time career. 

6. Do you want your stories to be published one day?
Absolutely! I'm currently self-publishing my NaNoWriMo novel but one day, I'd love a professional publishing company to take me under their wing. 

7. What do you do when you aren't writing?
Well, I'm in high school (last few months actually) so I've been doing a lot of study. Other than that, I love movies and reading. I'm not very social.

8. What is your main goal with writing books?
To complete them is a personal goal. I always abandon unfinished projects. But at a larger scale, I aim to make people fall in love with literature. 

9. What books have most influenced your life most?
Oh, so many. John Green, in particular, is such an inspiration to me and has influenced my writing. The Fault in our Stars and Looking for Alaska were too amazing novels that made me look at life in a completely different perspective. Many other authors have contributed too. 

10. What job did you want to be as a kid? 
I wanted to be everything as a child, from a doctor to a teacher to a fairy princess. 

11.Do you ever experience writer’s block?
Yes, all the time. It's a burden all authors have to bare. 

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
I usually have a general idea of the plot and how I want it to play out. But other than that, I write freely and my ideas change immensely from the moment I write the first line to the second I write the last. 

13. Do you see writing as a career?
Hopefully! Not as a main career though. I'd like it to be more of a part-time occupation. 

14. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
I don't have a particular favourite. There are just so many. From John Green to Richelle Mead, Sarah Dessen to Michele Vail. It's a never ending list and I'm constantly adding to it. 

15. Who designed the covers?
Of my books? I create all covers, excluding fan art featured within the chapters. The Taxi Driver was created by Cormar Covers though, for publishing purposes.

16. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Which one? They're all different on many levels. For Flo, the hardest thing is writing in a male's perspective. For Confessions about Colton, it's piecing the mystery together properly so there aren't any plot holes. For Shadows, it's coming up with the perfect descriptions to convey my imaginary creatures. 

17. What was the easiest part of writing your book? 
Again, it's different depending on each book. For Flo, it's the characters. They're all perfectly set out in my head as if they're real people. For Shadows, it's coming up with new content. 

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? 
I learnt, from writing in general, that it's better to please a majority rather than disappoint a minority. 

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 
You're all so amazing and I love you all! You're the reason I continue writing. 

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?
Write because you love it. Forced writing shows. Don't let a negative comment discourage you. And experiment! New perspectives, characters, genres. This will expand your skills.