Interview 88: kaylsxo

1. Can you tell me a bit about yourself?

I'm 19, 20 in May. Born in the UK, living in a county called Norfolk. I spend most of my time working in a hotel but when I do have spare time I'm either with friends shopping or shut away from reality reading or writing.

2. What inspired you to write?

Most of my childhood was spent supporting a favourite boyband called JLS. I use twitter a lot to connect with the band themselves and their fans so when the fanfics were introduced I had a read and soon began to try writing one myself.

3.Do you have a specific writing style?

Not really. I do like to keep my chapters short though, and in past tense.

4. How did you come up with the titles of your stories?

I usually think of  something quick and catchy that sums up the story in one, but if I struggle to think of one myself I take inspiration from other readers.

5. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

No, not really.

6. How much of your books are realistic?

I try to make them all as realistic as possible.

7. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

No, but some of my books are based of JLS. I might get an idea from a TV show but most of my story is pure imagination

8.Imagine your characters from any book, are on survivor.  Who will they vote out of the book?

I'm not sure how to answer this question, but i'll say the 'bad guy/woman'

9. What job did you want to be as a kid?

I always wanted to be a hairdresser.

10. What is your main goal with writing books?

 I write to escape from reality, but as I hope to give readers as much enjoyment in reading as I get from writing.

11.Do you ever experience writer’s block?

 Yes. I have days where I can't concentrate and days where I can't even begin to write a sentance.

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write?

I have a main story line idea but everything else comes to mind as I write.

13. Imagine your main character from any one of your stories dies on page one.  Everything else remains the same.  Describe the new plot to your book.

If Kayleigh dies in 'whilst the boyfriends away,' I would write it as Charlie being the murderer and Aston doing everything in his power to get revenge.

14.  What are your hobbies?

Writing, music, shopping and make up. I love beauty blogs.

15.  Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?

Just a hobby.

16. Will you have a new story coming out soon? If so can you tell us about it? 

I don't have plans to write a new story just yet, but I'm thinking about editting a previous story.

17. Would you call yourself a wattpad celebrity?

No, there are so many more talented writers out there!

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? 

I've learnt new things about the events in my stories, for instance I'd look up facts to back up the event.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Just a massive thank you, I started from 100 reads and I'm now over 2 million

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

Enjoy it and remember you can't please everyone.  

I hope that's helpful for you. Thank you!