Interview 19: CremeSoda

1. Can you tell me something about yourself?
Well my name is Amber, I think personality wise I'm really laid back. I think life's too short to live the same day twice so I'm always searching for something new and crazy to experience.

2. What inspired you to write? 
 I've always had this over active imagination. Like when I was little and had dolls I would have an entire backstory for every single one of them. I'd have to say reading lots and lots of really cool stories is what inspired me the most to put my imagination to good use. I figured if they can do it, what's stopping me.

3. One of main character commits a crime.  Describe how and why. 
I think my writing is a total wild card. I enjoy shocking people. So if my main character was to commit a crime, I would make sure the readers would never see it coming!

4. If you could have any one of your characters become a real person, who would it be and what would you do?
 I'd choose Vincent from Diary Of A Bad Boy, what girl doesn't want a bad boy in her life. I'd see us being friends, maybe?

5. Is writing a hobby or career to you?
 It used to be all about the career side, but I've found over time it's so much more enjoyable to write if you're just doing it for fun. So I'd say it's more of a hobby these days.

6. Do you want your stories to be published one day?
That would be awesome! What writer wouldn't want their work to be published? I think that's why so many writers come to Wattpad, to get their work out there and seen by others.

7. What do you do when you aren't writing?
When I'm not writing, usually I'm hanging out with my friends, reading and taking care of my wonderful boys. I have two sons, one is one year old and the other is two months.

8. What is your main goal with writing books?
I don't really have a main goal when writing, I just really enjoy allowing myself to get lost in another world that I've created in my head. 

9. What books have most influenced your life most?
I'd have to say the Twilight Saga, honestly. After reading all the books I think I became a better writer when it came to romance.

10. What job did you want to be as a kid? 
I was torn between an author and a rock star

11.Do you ever experience writer’s block?
 All the time! It really sucks because when I go through spells of it I just want to give up on the story all together. I've learned though it helps a lot to take a step back from my work and not try to force creativity.

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
 I've done both, and I prefer to just write and let it flow. Although I do have a main idea and ending already thought out before I begin to write.

13. Do you see writing as a career?
It could be, I would love to an author one day because it's something I've always enjoyed doing. I still think I have a lot to learn and a ways to go before that happens.

14. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
 That's really hard to say. I'll say J.K. Rowling just because I was obsessed with Harry Potter for so long. 

15. Who designed the covers?
 I designed my cover! I'm very proud of it too.

16. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
The hardest part of writing my book has to be getting the grammar correct. There's just so many rules!

17. What was the easiest part of writing your book? 
 Letting the story flow is the easiest. Once I know I have a good idea and I sit down to write, it just all comes together naturally.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? 
 I learned you have to be patient to write a book. It definitely doesn't happen over night.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 
I really can't thank my readers enough for taking time out of their day and reading my work. That's the most amazing thing to me and it really means so much. So I really just want to say thank you.

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

My advice is to never give up. Writing isn't always easy, but if you love it keep working at it. The comment, votes and popularity isn't everything. I've read some of the best stories on here that didn't have many readers, I believe getting popular on here is a matter of luck. So don't get frustrated if your story isn't getting out there, just keep posting and writing.
Thank you so much for choosing me to interview!! I'm so flattered (: