Interview 95: kimpyvon

1. Can you tell me a bit about yourself?
Let's see, I'm Kim. I'm just a simple girl with big big dreams and a crazy imagination. My hobbies are writing, drawing, and sometimes, I sing too. I like reading novels and watching movies, preferrably romcoms. Oh, and I love food. :")

2. What inspired you to write?
Mostly my imagination, but what motivated me is my fans. Without my fans, I won't be that  motivated to continue my stories without them because I like it when they feel happy upon reading my stories, so yeah, they are a huge inspiration.

3.Do you have a specific writing style?
Hm, I guess my writing style is pretty much freestyle. I don't think about it too much, it's spontaneous and.. it's me.

4. How did you come up with the titles of your stories?
I just think about the plot of the stories I'm going to write about, then think of a catchy title for it.

5. Is there a message in your novels that you want readers to grasp?
I think all of my stories have valuable lessons in the end. I believe all stories have their lessons and insights in the end. :)

6. How much of the books is realistic?
I write mostly romance, teen fiction and humor, so I guess it is realistic, maybe I just make some twists on the plot, to make it more interesting.

7. If you could spend a day with any one of your characters, who would it be and why? What would you too do?
Huh, this is a hard one. But if I have to choose a character, I would pick Kim from Chat Mate. Her character is strong for a woman, and she takes a stand to all girls out there to be different, to not let hot guys control you. Just as how she hates Troy at first, because she has the impression of him as a playboy who only plays girls. And similarly, I am quite like that too. I don't easily get swooned over hot guys and even f I find them cute, I would still want them to work their way and show me their efforts if they do want me. If I could spend a day with Kim, it would be amazing to just chill, hang out or go watch a movie and eat a gallon of ice cream. Just like what best friends  do on a lazy Friday night, because I think if Kim is a real person, she and I would pretty much get along.

8.Imagine your characters from any book are on survivor.  Who will they vote out of the book?
I'm not sure about this one, because all of my characters have their own personality, wit and charm. They are special in their own unique way.

9. What job did you want to be as a kid?
As a kid, I had weird, and sometimes unrealistic dreams such as being an astronaut, or a secret spy agent. Sketchy things like that.

10. What is your main goal with writing books?
My main goal is just to share joy to my readers. That's all. I like writing just for the sake of making people happy.

11.Do you ever experience writer’s block?
I do. I always experience writer's block that's why sometimes it takes me a bit longer to update my stories.

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
I just write. :)

13. Imagine your main character from any book dies on page one.  Everything else remains the same.  Describe the new plot to your book.
I think if the main character dies, all the other elements are affected too. It will never be the same without the main character or protagonist. I'm not even sure if there would be a plot  because the character is rather important. However, maybe, a new protagonist would arise, but then that means the one who died is not the main character of the story, right? ;)

14.  What do you do when you are not writing?
I read novels. I like to enrich my vocabulary and immerse myself into other people's creativity.

15.  Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?
Just a hobby. I'm not sure about the career part though. As of the moment, I have other goals. Although I wouldn't mind publishing a book or two, but maybe, in the future.

16. Will you have a new story coming out soon? If so can you tell us about it?
So far, I have a lot of ongoing books, so I'm trying to limit my ideas just yet. My goal is to finish my ongoing books before writing a new one.

17. What is the weirdest thing that has ever been said or done to you by a fan? 
I don't think a fan ever said something or has done something weird. I love my fans, so everything they do is amazing to me.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your books and what was it?
Yes, I learned to take criticism calmly, and apply it to my next works. I learned to be more open-minded about a lot of things.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I love you!!! You all are my inspirations! You guys keep me going and I feel so happy to know you guys are reading my books. :")

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?
Just be yourself. I know I've said this to my other interviews, and I will keep saying it. Write in a way you feel comfortable and enjoyable. Don't write for the sake of the votes or the reads. Screw popularity, as long as you like what you're writing, you won't be regretting a single thing.