Interview 126: awesome4evah

1. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?

Er, I'm an awkward person (which probably isn't the way I should introduce myself, oops). I can't hold my breath for longer than a minute and a half underwater, jump on a pogo stick or force myself to study. But I'll be your friend if you talk to me for more than five minutes and don't run away.

2. What inspired you to write?

Alright, I'll be honest about this- Twilight.

When I was in 4th grade, my friend made me read it, and I liked it, so I started writing fanfics. Which grew into actual novels.

Now, though, as strange as it might sound, I'm not really a fan of the Twilgiht books.

3. Do you have a specific writing style?

Er, if I do, then I don't know it. I just write what comes to mind, and occasionally dictionary a word to make sure I'm not using it in the wrong context.

4. How did you come up with your titles?

Usually from song lyrics, or playing around with words. Or if I hear a string of words I like, I'll write them down in a book, and look through that for a title.

5. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

If a popular group of kids start talking to you randomly, they probably want to kill you.

...

Just kidding.

Nothing major, I guess. Though, I really like making the characters a little bit annoying with flaws, because that's how we are in real life. I guess if there was a message I wanted to give, it would be that no matter how many times you might mess up, you still have a chance at your own happy ever after.

6. How much of the book is realistic?

As in is any of it based off real life? Not a lot in my stories are really based off real life, just imaginary scenarios I've had. But all of the books I've posted are set in the 'real world'. So no paranormal, or alternate worlds... Yet.

7. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

I'll admit that sometimes, in the beginning my characters are based off people I know. But as I start actually writing the story, and developing them as I figure out the plot, they change into someone completely different.

8. What books have most influenced your life most?

Well, like I said, Twilight did get me into writing, so I guess that counts.

As cliche as it might sound, John Green books, a little bit. They make me want to write with deep characters and life quotes and stuff which isn't really ever gonna happen but I can still pretend.

And well, just about any book I read influences me. And I've read way too many books to list them all here. All of the books I've read have made me think in some way or another.

9. Describe your writing style in ten words or less.

Simple. I'm not sure if I have a writing style.

10. Where do you get your ideas?

Everywhere. Sometimes from songs, or other books/movies. I get a lot of ideas from imaginary scenarios. Like, ooh, what if this had gone differently, what if I could make a band at my school and we got famous, what if this person was secretly a rockstar, etc.

11. What are some things you like to do when you’re not writing?

I like reading, of course. I also like drawing, listening to music, photography and making graphics. I'd like to believe I'm a good cook as well, but I know that's not true. I like biking and people-watching (not in a creepy way, i promise!).

12. What distinguishes good writing from bad writing?

To be honest... Grammar and characters for me. If someone does not have good grammar, or at least the basics, it's hard for me to continue to read. As for characters, well I want to be able to relate to them. If they're perfect or unrealistic, it makes me dislike a story.

13. If you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be?

'You Probably Don't Want To Read This'

14. Imagine your characters are on survivor.  Who will they vote out of the book?

-googles how survivor works-

Hmm, probably Vanessa Merrick from The Trouble with Love.

15.  Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?

I'd love for it to become a career, but my parents keep telling me not to rely on it. It's also a way for me to relax, though.

16. Will you have a new story coming out soon? If so can you tell us about it?

I have one that I'm kind of playing with, I'm not sure if I want to post it, though. It's called The Alpha's Game, it would be the first Paranormal book I'd post on Wattpad.

17. What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Probably the parts where I literally have no idea what to do. For example, I have a Christmas scene planned, but I have no idea what to do for presents. Just little things like that, where I have a scene in mind, but not the details.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

I learned that you actually do not start showing in pregnancy until twelve weeks.

And that Google gives you really bad present ideas.

And finally, a bunch of information on a lot of different mental illnesses that I might never use.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

I love you<333

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

I'll be cliche with this, but KEEP WRITING. Even if it feels like no one's reading. if you like writing, keep doing it. If no one's reading, it doesn't mean you're bad at it. Popularity doesn't come overnight.

Don't write for popularity either.

It's fun to write out a world with people who only existed in your head. Enjoy that.