Interview 67: ImTheMuggleMundane

1. Can you tell me about yourself?

My name...well you can call me River, I don't go by my real name on here. I don't share my gender either, though I live in the UK - London (originating from Africa and Germany) To date, I've been in Nigeria, America, Germany, France, and now the UK. Oh and I'm asexual.

2. What inspired you to write?

Well, I've always been told that I'm quite gifted in writing and my characters constantly bugged me at night, enveloping me into their life styles. So I decided why to not get it all out on paper?

3.  Where do the your ideas come from?

I gather my ideas from songs. No, not those long dull songs. Rather, I indulge myself in love and pop songs and imagine my characters living out the song. My ideas blossom from there.

4.  Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?

 I hate to admit it. I'm a complete zombie whilst I write, weird to some but any good writer would have experienced it. (Or any crazy...) When writing I envision my characters in front of me, it's like a movie and I happen to be the only and lucky enough bystander to quickly scribble it down and write it out eventually.

5. How do you think you've evolved creatively?

Creatively I have looked at other books and looked at how more professional authors bring out their stories. Whilst writing Jasper Smith MUST die, I found myself structuring the character clearly before hand. He is now quite real to me, though he has a mind of his own. I think that seeing your characters as a real person can really help you creatively.

6.What is the hardest thing about writing?

Oh. Well.

I really despise beginnings, I mean they are SO tiresome and to get into the flow of things. By the middle of writing I'm wondering why I found it so difficult? Has anyone ever experienced Shiny New Idea Syndrome? When you're happily writing a great story and then something else pops out, a brand new plot and you're completely stuck.

7.What was the hardest part of writing? 

Ah, patience. I hate it. I hate everything about it. Terrible, I know. It's good in the long run but I've never been that patient enough to get to know my characters before I start writing about them. I'm only starting to realize the difference now. To date; I know my characters favorite foods, animals and colors among other unnecessary details. Though in my opinion, the writing is so much better.

8. Your main character of any of your stories commits a crime.  How and why would they do it?

 I think Jasper would, though he is my antagonist. He would do it for a very simple reason: because he could. That's how he is, breaking hearts about and ruining lives because he simply CAN. Yes, his story is emotional and yes it'd probably be a background story unlike anything you'd ever read before (aside from the usual rape and abuse- which many writers undermine, a LOT. I took a lot of what happened to him from a dear friend of mine that I met through a club and their story is unlike anything...all I can say is that they are a survivor)

9. Are you working on any new story you can tell me about?

 Of course! Can't give too much away but any of you reading this can PM me any time and tell me if you'd prefer either a Boy x Boy Interracial, or a Boy x Boy harem? They have large plot factors by the way :)

10. What is your favorite quote?

 I'm going to sound so immature in comparison to other writers in your book but:

Pretty, pretty please, don't you ever, ever feel

Like you're less than  perfect

Pretty, pretty please, if you ever, ever feel

Like you're nothing, you're perfect to me

And Yes, that is a quote by Pink's song. I think this needs to be said to everyone.

11.  What advice would you give to your younger self?

 Dear, *******

Please, and please I beg of you. Make sure that your mother doesn't find your Boy x Boy stash.

Oh and check your skirt before you walk in some day in February.

Plus, Justice IS going to get you a Valentine's gift, be prepared or get dumped- OUCH.

Is all, By embarrassed, single and shameful older you.

12. Where can you see yourself in 5 years time?

 I can see myself in Scotland or Bristol at University, studying dentistry. 

13. What is your favorite movie and why?

 STARDUST! I will never stop watching it over and over again, it's a magical tale and one that captivates my heart every single time. If you have not read it, I beg of you- please do. 

14. If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

I'm such a shadow-hunter, all of you mundanes are jealous. Cassandra Clare, care to switch?

15. Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?

 Oh. Um, I can feel the groans but honestly I would love to meet Louis Tomilinson of One Direction and Michael Jackson. 

16. What’s some advice you can give to someone who gets bullied for being gay?

I've gotten bullied for asexuality before, people didn't understand. Listen, you're beautiful, you're gorgeous and by the way I and millions of others don't care if you swing that way. I see a pure heart, and if religion is so righteous what gives others the right to judge you? Isn't that for God alone? I don't see a murderer, I don't see a rapist or pedophile. I just see someone who is strong enough to dismiss the negativity and be happy. I see YOU.

17. What’s some advice you can give to someone who is in the closet?

Don't. Just don't. You won't be able to convince yourself otherwise, it's you- it's the way God or whatever you believe in made you. Narnia sucks, there's a lion and a witch in the wardrobe. Come out here.

18. Have you learned anything from writing? If so, what was it?

My characters teach me something all the time.

Be you, show yourself purely and represent yourself the best way that you can.- Oscar's motto

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 

Haven't read my books? Please do! Jasper Smith MUST die and so on. Reading or have? Go on.

Seriously, pick up a pen/mouse/keyboard and let the words come naturally to you, oh if you're not a writer find something to inspire you. Yes this might sound like homework but to know that you've achieved something is one of the greatest feelings possible.

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

 Please, don't stop. Even if it seems that no one is reading, persevere. I bet that you won't regret it.

Oh and Thank you! This interview has been really fun. Anyone, if interested in me can PM me and talk to me, I'd LOVE that.

Buh Bye :)

~River