Interview 89: LostInTheStereo98

1. Can you tell me something about yourself?
 I'm fifteen, I'm a city-kid, and I'm a huge equal-rights supporter. :-)

2. What inspired you to write? 
Well, I've been reading on here long before I began writing and after getting an idea of how ideas and writing is shared on Wattpad, I realized that this would be something cool to do. I've always been really passionate about writing, but it took a lot to actually put myself out there for criticism. But yeah, I guess you could say life and facing fears inspired me to write on Wattpad.

3. One of main character commits a crime.  Describe how and why. 
If I were to have that happen it'd either be out of absolute necessity or to save someone. I can see myself possibly writing about someone committing a crime just because they want to, but it's a little unlikely.

4. If you could have any one of your characters become a real person, who would it be and what would you do?
 Well, I don't really have "characters" per-say, but the of the mindsets that I portray in my poetry, I'd like the "queen bee" persona from "A Broken Mirror" to enter reality, so I could befriend her and help her understand that things can get better if she believes in herself and doesn't allow opinions to affect her as much.

5. Is writing a hobby or career to you?
 At the moment, writing, to me, is a hobby, but I'd definitely want to make it into something of a career one day.

6. Do you want your stories to be published one day?
Yes I do, I'd love to get more feedback about how I write and what I can do to improve as an author or poet.

7. What do you do when you aren't writing?
If I'm not writing, I'm probably reading or listening to music. But must of my day is spent toiling away behind the work camp that is school.

8. What is your main goal with writing books?
If I'm ever to write a book, I want it to have meaning and I want it to portray a message that will affect someone in a positive way. I don't want my book to just be "there." I'd want to make it special and meaningful. I want it to be something that someone can read when they're feeling down or something that will change a person's view of things in the best way possible. I want to write a book that, after a person had finish reading it, they're not unhappy that it's over or that their life isn't add magical as the lives showcased in the plot, rather, they're happy to have the life they have and inspired to make something more of themselves. I think that's why I actually haven't written a book yet.

9. What books have most influenced your life most?
This is really cheesy, but Harry Potter has. I feel like, reading the series, I was given a home a Hogwarts and a family with the rest of the fandom. Honestly, I get so excited when I find out someone else has read the series because I feel like I'm able to share in the magic that is experienced in reading it, not because of the spells and the "other-worldliness" of the plot, but instead, because of the love that's stitched into the very Sean if the book. Jo is the almighty writer, Potter is the chosen one, Granger is the smartest young witch of her age and Weasley is forever our king. <3

10. What job did you want to be as a kid?
As a kid, I've always wanted to be a fashion designer. The art of piecing outfits together has always entranced me, and although I've grown out of shooting for fashion design as a career, it's still something I'm interested in.

11.Do you ever experience writer’s block?
Yeah, most definitely. But in all honestly,I think the best cure for that is to just leave it alone for a bit and just read or listen to music and then come back to it when you're ready. I feel like when people create a new story after they experience writer's block with their initial one, they kinda give up on it and it takes a lot of the emotion that was once in the story, away.

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
 I'm working on outlines right now, I think that's the way I want to go. I feel like even if my story does change course, I'll still want to outline the charge rather than diving into it, just so I can get something of an understanding as to where it will wind up going.

13. Do you see writing as a career?
 I can picture myself doing that on the side if a job. I'd love to write as a career, but I don't think I'd be a full-time writer.

14. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
 J.K. Rowling, because I love the aura of love and family that emanates from her writing. It's truly soul-touching to me.

15. Who designed the covers?
I've designed my covers. I'm pretty mediocre when it comes to things like that, so I'm hoping to improve.

16. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
The hardest part about writing, to me, is trying to figure out how your story will end, because, in my opinion, the ending in crucial to the message of the book.

17. What was the easiest part of writing your book? 
I think the easiest part is planning it out. Literally, the moment I think of a plot, scenes of potential chapters go swimming through my mind like movies. It's quite entertaining to unravel a story of your own creation because you can determine its direction.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
I haven't nearly finished writing yet, I'm still in my planning stages, but so far, I've learned that when you concern yourself about what others will think of your writing, you'll end up being unhappy about what you turn out, so I'm trying to write for myself along with my audience now.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Hello there readers, I wanna thank you guys for reading and supporting me throughout my time on Wattpad and I hope my future books and other pieces of writing are able to put a smile on your face, if not, for a minute of your day. I love all of you. <3

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?
My only advice is to write for yourself, because, ultimately, and I'm gonna be really blunt about this, if you're not happy with a novel of your creation, then you've just wasted your time.