Interview 129: Kat_inda_Hat

1. Can you tell me a bit about yourself?

 I am fifteen and am a sophomore in high school. I live in the United States. Yes, my name is Kat. Now on to something more interesting. I am heavily involved in my school's theater program. During freshman year I was only in the crew witch was so much fun! This year I was also in crew, until the play right now (we call it the spring play). I am actually in the play and am super excited. I am also involved in Mock Trial which I started this year, and it's also super fun. Now on to non school related things. I love movies. I consider myself a cinefile, which means someone who is obsessed with movies. I don't have a favorite movie (there are just too many to choose from) but I have seen the movie The Avengers thirty times and, yes, I pretty much have it memorized. I also love books and music, again I couldn't tell you my favorite of each because there is too many of each. I'm also a show addict. If I get addicted to a show, I will binge watch it on Netflix until I am completely caught up (if you can't tell from my story, I love Doctor Who). I love accents. I am able to do a British accent and am very proud of that fact. I love British accents, and Australian accents, and Jamaican accents, pretty much any accent. I internet stalk celebrities, it's so much fun! I know so many random facts about people it's borderline creepy, but I'm fine with that. I was talking to my friends the other day about spirit animals. I told them I didn't know what mine was. Then my one friend came up with this kind of lizard that's super chill and calm until you excite it and it will become energetic. So that's my spirit animal, sorry short story, I can get carried away. I have a favorite words list I keep on my phone where I put words that I don't know the meaning of and I have to like the meaning of them. It's a great list with words like: vindictive and sadistic. I don't know what else to say, I mean, I know myself but when I try to describe myself, I don't know who I am. I guess that's the story of my life.

 2. What inspired you to write? 

Well, I've always loved to write. Ever since I was little. I would write stories and songs and poems and pretty much anything. It's something I can do to take my mind off things or to put my thoughts into. Recently I found my elementary school writings, and I read through them, and they are something. I read through an old song that I created called 'Black Midnight' and it's about, I think, a guy and the stars or something like that. Then I read a story called 'The Dragon Ring' which was about this girl who gets a ring that can turn her into a dragon and she has to fight this evil dragon. (By the way, when you publish this, can you make sure that you put something in there saying 'no copying' or something like that.) Rereading those, I realize how much I liked writing even when I was little and even if the idea was completely nonsense. So back to the question at hand, I don't know what inspired me in the first place, I only knew that I loved to write. Anyway on to this story, when I started on Wattpad, I only read. I got attracted to werewolf stories because of the dynamic of the relationships between, what is usually, the two main characters. I don't remember how I came up with my story's plot, I just remember getting the idea and then not being able to forget it. So I finally wrote it down here and published it. That's usually how stories come to me. They just appear in my brain and won't leave me alone, or I want to remember them, so I write them down.

 3. Do you have a specific writing style? 

No, I don't really have a specific writing style. I just make sure that I write good and without too many errors. When I write, I find it to be very important that I write well and have the story make sense. It does take longer, but I believe it's worth it. I want to make sure that my writing is as good as it can be. As to genre, I know that's not part of this question but I felt like my answer was too short, anyway, I also don't have a specific genre. Most of the time, stories just barge their way in my head and bother me until I write them down. Then as soon as I get an idea for that story, I have to write that down because it will just be constantly in my brain. That's kind of how I made up this story. The idea just barged itself into my brain and here we are.