Interview 56: english-rain

1. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself? 

 I'm Katy and I'm fourteen years old. There's nothing much to tell about myself. I haven't achieved anything big to boast about (Yet. Because I am amazing Only kidding.) I also love to act a lot. Ever since I watched the first Harry Potter movie, I aspired to br like Emma Watson or, rather, Hermione Granger. I even used to walk around practising a British accent. That's why when I came to the UK, it was really easy for me to speak in an almost perfect British accent. I used to live in an Asian country called Nepal and my mum is from there. My dad's British and is from a place called Leeds (Which I've never been to.)

2. What inspired you to write? 

 What inspired me to write? Well, I'd always wanted to write really. Ever since I was a little kid. I was always a bookworm, never really interested in games like Hide & Seek, hiding away from people just to read. My mum tells me stories of how I made her sit down and read me books and how thankful she was to put me in school so I could learn how to read myself.

3. Do you have a specific writing style? 

 I think I do. I always write in a certain way for certain genres. Say if it was Historical Fiction, I always write in third person, and I use a lot of fancy words that I'd never dream of using in normal stories. For stories like Finding Gilbert Blythe, I like to use my normal "Teenager" way of writing it. Its written like a train of thought, with bits of humor added in. Other stories (a.k.a. the more "Hipster-y" stories) like Daisy Chains, I write in a more serious manner although there's still the undertones of a normal teenager in it.

4. How did you come up with your titles? 

Okay, this is going to sound a leeetle weird. The titles are the first things that come in to my mind. Forget the characters, forget the plot, if a book title pops in to my head, THAT'S how I generally get inspired to write a story. If I'm thinking to myself and suddenly see a title in my head, everything just comes to me.

5. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

My novels [If you could call them that?? Haha] aren't trying to stand out. They aren't different, or unique, or special. They don't have solid plots or amazing characters that make you swoon. I try to be as realistic as possible. I don't want to be cheesy, but I don't want my novel to be utterly un-romantic either.

The moral I want my readers to grasp is simple: My female characters are just...girls. I don't ever want them to be a "Wattpad" girl. Wattpad Female Characters are always smoking hot, completely witty and with 5674 guys following them around.

My girls are awkward, insecure, sometimes sad, and like any other real girl really. They don't always have witty things to say, and they don't always look good, or feel good. I want girls to be able to relate with them. Same goes with guys too. I don't think I've written about a proper "bad boy" yet and I don't think I'd ever like to. Because, in real life, you just don't find guys like that.

The "Bad Boy" of real life is really quite scary, and sometimes girls fool themselves in to thinking they can get guys like that. They ignore the nice guys, the guys who don't break your heart, the guys who genuinely take an interest in you. So, yeah, that's my general moral, I guess.

6. How much of your writing is realistic? 

Um, I'm not completely sure about this question. Realistic? I try very hard to make it realistic, but I obviously need more polishing with my writing. Some facts in my books are quite inaccurate but it's not like I'm going to get them published, anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much. Wattpaders seem to like a lot of unrealistic stories anyway, haha. :P