Interview 3: LizmarielyVega

1. Can you tell me a bit about yourself?
Well, my name is Lizmariely but my friends call me Liz. I'm a college student. I'm Puerto Rican so yeah, Spanish is my first language and English my second. Which surprises a lot of people for some reason :)

2. What inspired you to write? 
 I wrote my first little story when I was six. I haven't had the greatest life and sometimes it gets so hard that I feel overwhelmed with everything. Writing helps me escape my reality for a while. It makes it easier for me to get up every day.

3.Do you have a specific writing style? 
 I don't really know, to be honest. I usually just do something cliche and make it unique or just straight out write something no one sees coming. I loveeee plot twists.I'm very popular with those haha

4. How did you come up with the titles of your stories? 
 It depends. Sometimes they are inspired by songs, or sometimes by secret messages that will be discovered through out the story. I like to keep the mystery. People love finding out what my titles mean while reading.

5. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
 There is always messages in my stories for my readers. I have learned a lot of things, mostly by falling on my face and getting up. I always try to add lessons and messages in my stories. They are usually to inspire people to be who they are, do what they want and follow their happiness no matter who is against it.

6. How much of the book is realistic? 
Parts. I tend to go a little crazy with my plots and storylines. Like I said before, I like entertaining people. If it's boring or too cliche, people will hate it. That's not what I'm going for.

7. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? 
Some experiences are from events in my own life, some are from friends or from my imagination.

8. What is your main goal with writing books?
My main goal is to be a published author one day. It's my dream :)

9. What job did you want to be as a kid? 
 I wanted to be a singer! haha, not even kidding. But I lost my voice at 16 so I held on to my second love; writing.

10. What is your main goal with writing books?
My main goal is to be a published author one day. It's my dream :)

11.Do you ever experience writer’s block?
 Yes, sometimes I do. Usually when I overwork my brain. That happens when I'm writing too many stories at the same time.

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
 I have never worked with an outline. I usually have some ideas before I start writing the story but I literally write the whole thing as I go.

13. Imagine your main character dies on page one.  Everything else remains the same.  Describe the new plot to your book.
After *insert name here*'s death, his spirit gets stuck in the middle plane. It was decided by higher powers that he hadn't been good enough to be granted entrance into heaven, but also, not bad enough to deserve an eternity of hell. Now, a mere ghost full of memories and regrets, he will have to make up for his mistakes with good deeds and helping the people he loves, come at peace with his sudden death. Failing to complete this tasks would revoke any possibility of going to heaven and his spirit would consequently be stuck on Earth to roam for the rest of its days, with no peace and no end.

14.  What do you do when you are not writing?
 Usually listen to music, do school work, draw, paint, spend time with the family and chat with friends.

15.  Do you see writing as a career or a hobby?
I see it as both. It is a hobby for now but I would love it for it to become a career!

16. Will you have a new story coming out soon? If so can you tell us about it? 
Yes, after I have finished one of the ones I'm currently working on, I will start a new Harry Styles fan fiction. I don't want to say much about it because I like surprising my readers, but let's just say that Harry's character will redefine the meaning of badass. Because being badass is not just about breaking rules and being mean. It's about not being afraid to stand up for those who can't do it themselves. 

17. What was the hardest part of writing your book? 
The hardest part about writing any of my books is keeping it real. Vivid. Not too unrealistic but keeping people on their toes with twists. Everytime someone comments and says guesses as to what will happen (and if it happens to be what I had planned) I change it into something they didn't see coming.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? 
 I always learn something. Usually it's more about how my writing improves with each book I write. I have learned a lot more about description and how important that is for the reader to properly visualize the setting that you are writing about.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 
I want to say THANK YOU. I wouldn't be doing this because of you. Yes, I took the initiative when I started writing, but your support it's what kept me going. I always say this but I'll say it again. I will keep writing as long as you guys keep wanting me to :)

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?
Just be original. Don't be afraid to take risks. Write about things that make you uncomfortable and you'll write something worth reading. Also proof read. Bad grammar is such a turn off for most people (including myself). But mostly, just keep writing. Don't give up. There is only room for improvement, I promise.