Interview 26: RobThier

1. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?
My name is Robert, nicknamed 'Sir Rob' by my readers for writing stories set in the middle ages. I love exploring the mysteries and adventures of the past in my stories, and my studies – History until recently, now English Literature – are very helpful in that. I live in the country, enjoy long walks, listening to music or audiobooks, and of course, writing. 

2. What inspired you to write?
I can't say that anything 'inspired' me as such. One day, ideas for stories just started raining down on me, and wouldn't stop bugging me until I wrote them down ;-)

3. Do you see yourself in any of the characters?
Maybe in one or two of my nastier villains ;-)

4.  Do you listen to music while you write? If so what?
Classical music, especially Beethoven.

5. Would you call yourself a wattpad celebrity? Why so or why not?
No, I wouldn't really describe myself as a celebrity. After all, nobody has tried stalking me yet ;-)

6. What were your favorite books when you were growing up?
Too many to name, and the names would probably not tell you much, since they are all in German.

7.Who does your covers? If you do, what programs do you use? 
I do my covers myself. I use all kinds of programs, from Bryce over paint.net, to Gimp and Photoshop.

8. When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning?
More to way the name sounds than to the meaning of the name. I try to say the name aloud and imagine the character in my head, and if it fits, than I take that name.

9. What books have most influenced your life most?
My schoolbooks in elementary school. I learned how to read from them ;-)

10. What job did you want to be as a kid?
I changed my mind about once a week.

11.Do you ever experience writer’s block?
Never. Hope it stays that way...

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
I have mountains of (very disorganized) notes, but no real outline.

13. Do you see writing as a career?
That would be great! Then, I could forget about getting a real job and just concentrate on doing what I love most! ;-)

14. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
Terry Pratchett, Author of the Discworld-Series. I love his humor.

15. Who designed the covers? If you do, what programs do you use?
Um... I think that's the same question as question 7

16. What was the hardest part of writing your book?
The stamina you need to get it finished.

17. What was the easiest part of writing your book?
Getting an idea.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?
How to type. I taught myself how to type with 10 fingers to be able to write my stories faster.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 
You're awesome! Your feedback and support have helped me to improve enormously as a writer. Thank you! :)

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?
Write about something you love. That way, you won't ever give up.