Interview 29: Jensi_

1. Can you tell me about yourself? 
I'm addicted to the television show Victorious, and I have an undying love for food. I love to write and read. Music and books are my inspiration.

2. What inspired you to write?
Books are definitely my main inspiration. When I read, I'm uncontrollably happy. I want to give that feeling to someone, and I also express my feelings and dreams through writing.

3. How did you come up with the title? 
For Corinth Wildfire, it was quite easy for me. In the Elemental Chronicles, the Corinth are supernaturals who became extinct a century ago. As the story progresses, the main conflict begins to surround around the only Corinth existing on Earth, who happens to be one of our main characters. Wildfire came from the element Hazel can control easily. 
I came up with the title for Fault in a few minutes. In this case, fault means 'flaw'. In a country where all people strive for perfection, the main character, Erica has flaws she can't hide. Erica can't be perfect and she knows it. 

4. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp? 
For Corinth Wildfire, there's no direct message. There is an underlying message, though. It's to appreciate what you have. Hazel has a bad past, as you can see throughout chapters, and she's clearly traumatized by them. Appreciate what you have, because there are people out there that are suffering, much more than you.
For Fault, I want readers to know that perfection doesn't exist. Nobody can ever be perfect, so own your quirks. Love your flaws. And know that you are perfect as anyone else, just as you are.

5. How much of the book is realistic? 
Corinth Wildfire and Fault are basically pure figments of my imagination. Both of my novels' lead characters are people who have been to Hell and back. I've never learned self-defense and I've never physically fought with someone. 

6. Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? 
When I write, I do twist events in my life and make them more interesting. However, when I create characters, I base them off my friends very often.

7. What books have most influenced your life most? 
The Mortal Instruments series, the Harry Potter series, and the Divergent trilogy have influenced my life the most. The Mortal Instruments Series encouraged me to write, the Harry Potter series made me love reading, and the Divergent trilogy really connected with me at an emotional level. 

8. Does your family know about your writing hobby?  
Yes, they definitely know about my writing hobby! My whole family supports me, and I'm so glad to have them.

9. Do you see writing as a career? 
Definitely. I want to become an author when I grow up. 

10. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing? 
 I find it really challenging to make complex and deep characters. I have to create a realistic characters that has a personality. A characters that is humane. It's hard to form these characters and give them their own stories.

11. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? 
I have a lot of favorite authors, but if I had to choose one, I would definitely choose Cassandra Clare.
What stood out to me about her work was that she hooked me from the start. She didn't build up until the climax, the action started from the first chapter. Her world building is very believable, and the plot is unique and captivating.

12. Who designed the covers? 
@AuRevoirSimone made my current cover for Corinth Wildfire, and@hepburnettes for Fault.

13. What was the hardest part of writing your book? 
The hardest part is planning the story. I'm not much of a planner. I love to start writing immediately, but I had to create a basic outline before beginning both novels. I had to make some scenes and write them down. But other than that, writing is something I enjoy, not something that stresses me out.

14. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
As I said above, I only have a basic outline of the story when I write. I hate it when I have to follow an exact plot. It makes me feel as if I'm trapped.

15. Do you see writing as a career?
Yes, definitely!

16. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
The easiest part is the writing itself. I let my ideas flow, and I type like a mad woman. It's the most enjoyable process of writing a novel for me.

17. What was the easiest part of writing your book? 
 I learned from Fault, that I can't be perfect. I realized that as I began to write Fault. Nobody can ever be flawless, but I am perfect the way I am. That's what I learned.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? 
I learned from Fault, that I can't be perfect. I realized that as I began to write Fault. Nobody can ever be flawless, but I am perfect the way I am. That's what I learned.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? 
 I just want to say that I am so thankful for their existence. If it weren't for them, I would have stopped writing a long time ago. People like@Enchanted_Powers,@cynosure_,@TaintedRain,@YoursTrulyxxx,@conscience,@coexistence, and so much more inspire me to write everyday.

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?
I have one advice: Never give up. When I first Corinth Wildfire, I barely had a hundred reads and a few votes. As weeks passed, I began to get a decent fan base and I earned loyal readers. You can improve your grammar if you work hard. You can spend hours thinking of a plot and making your characters, but all of that will be a waste if you give up. So don't give up, keep writing, and you'll have readers and friends in no time.