Interview 116: WeirdiniteBunny

1. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?

Yup, this is the time where I forget everything about myself and question my existence. My name’s Ezelle & I’d frequent The Café, posting random GIFs, trying to make new friends and while I’m at it, trying to make people smile. I’ve been writing all sorts of literature for six years now. I’m weird, geeky and childish yet shy unless you get to know me.

2. What inspired you to write?

One is my strict, scary, 1st grade teacher who got mad at me one time for not being able to spell friend. Second is all the poetry I’ve read when I was a kid. It always fascinates me to know that such great authors exist.

3. Do you see yourself in any of the characters?

In my stories, I usually depict the person that I want to be; what I want to become and how I wish to be. Because if I describe myself, I might as well cry of boredom.

4.  Do you listen to music while you write? If so what?

Yes I listen to songs while I write. The songs I listen to depend on the current mood of the story. I have 753 songs on my phone so it’s pretty much easier to turn on the shuffle button and skip the songs which are inappropriate for the mood.  If it’s happy, I listen to upbeat music such as Like Yesterday by Colbie Caillat, Love Song by Sara Bareilles, or Girl Next Door by Massad. If it’s sad, it’s usually something like Moving On by Toya, Better Than Yourself by Lukas Graham or Terrible Things by Mayday Parade.

5. Do you have any hobbies? If so what?

Well, I like to watch my favourite YouTubers goof around,; I like to dance to my music, sometimes singing along with it; I love socializing and talking to my Wattpad friends, making people laugh, of course. But other than that, I pretty much have no other hobbies… I think.

6. What were your favorite books when you were growing up?

While I grew up, I never was much of a novel reader but I read poems from the textbooks at school. So, my school textbooks were pretty much the only source of literature I had.

7.Who does your covers? If you do, what programs do you use?

I do all of my covers, except for the cover of Revenge which was done by Cool_Username4. I use PicMonkey, but if there are some things which I can’t properly fix using PicMonkey, I use Paint.NET

8. When naming your characters, do you give any thought to the actual meaning?

Nope. I just think “Hmm… this is a great name! You shall be called…” that’s pretty much my thought process when naming them.

9. What books have most influenced your life most?

Math books. They influenced me because I used to love Math. Not anymore though. But, seriously, none. I really wasn’t much of a reader back then.

10. What job did you want to be as a kid?

I wanted to be so many things as a kid. I wanted to be a vet, astronomer, teacher, zookeeper, soldier and a nurse at the same time.

11.Do you ever experience writer’s block?

Yup. I think that most or even all authors do.

12. Do you work with an outline, or just write?

The ideas just sprout out of my imagination like mushrooms. So… nope. No outline whatsoever.

13. Do you see writing as a career?

I never really thought much about it. But, my answer is a maybe.

14. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

I actually have two favourite authors which are Nora Roberts & Mary Balogh. Both are Romance authors. I liked Nora’s works because her storylines just never fail to interest me. Same goes with Mary Balogh. With Mary though, her use of words fascinate me. It makes me want to learn a new word every time I read her works.

15. Who designed the covers?

Me~ except for the cover in Revenge. Which, as mentioned above, is by Cool_Username4

16. What was the hardest part of writing your book?

The hardest part for me, has to be the putting the thought into words. It could be difficult to find the right words at times especially if your vocabulary isn’t that vast. Also, making the chapter long enough to fit the standard is quite tricky.

17. What was the easiest part of writing your book?

The easiest part is when you write that one part of the book you’ve been ecstatic to write for weeks. It’s like, while you’re stuck at that one part, you think “I can’t wait to get to the next part.” And once you’ve had that thought, you start planning everything from the events to the dialogue.

18.Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

Yes, of course. One of the things I’ve realized so far is that there is no need to rush onto things. Readers will come on their own. I’ll do my part, they do theirs. Plus, I don’t have to worry about “When will I update next?” I should take my time, but not too much. Second, is that if I can’t stay committed to a story, then I might as well save the idea for later when I’ve finished the current book.

19.Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

Dear Readers, you bronies and pegasisters are awesome. I honestly have no idea that I’ll gain readers like you. I didn’t even expect to have readers. The whole reason for me to post my stories was because I thought “I’m so lonely, I hate the people around me. I must surround myself in my own world.” Then I hide inside the safety of my room and make my own people from there. Seriously though, thank you. If I could gather all your birthdays and send you a gift or something, I swear I would.

20. Do you have any advice for other writers?

Dear Writers, don’t be afraid to socialize with other people. Message them and be nice! People here in Wattpad are quite nice and fun to be with don’t you think so? And, no matter how much you deny it, the truth is that socializing with other people will help you gain more readers and fans. Be yourself too and have fun! If you need a break from writing, then take a break and chat with people in the Café, if you need help don’t be afraid to ask, there will always be people who are ready to help! And if there are people asking for your help, then help them. Who knows, they might even help you in the future! It always helps to be nice!