Batman x Younger Reader Part 2

Part 3? Maybe?

   Y/N'S POV

  Hey, everyone!! It has been a while since you have last heard from me, but I am like 16 years old now. Bruce had become a father to me over the years, and I would never take back living in Wayne Manor for anything. Even though Bruce had been a father to me, it did not mean that I told him everything, though.
  I have sort of been going out on patrol without Bruce knowing. I know what you guys are thinking: How could Batman possibly not notice that by now? It was simple: Distract him or outsmart him. See, I have lived with Bruce for so long that I knew what to do and when to do it.

  It was sort of backstabbing I guess, but I just wanted to get out and be my own person. I knew that if I told Bruce, then he would just get upset and immediately tell me no. That teenage instinct kicked in, and I chose to break the rules. I knew I would pay the price for it later, but that moment had not come yet. Thankfully...

  Right now, I had received intel that Killer Croc, The Joker, and Poison Ivy had just escaped Arkham...again. I immediately looked in my secret hiding place and got dressed into my suit. As I headed for my motorcycle, I had completely forgotten about letting a certain someone know I was "leaving on business."

  I jogged downstairs to the Batcave, but only for my boyfriend, Kevin, to be standing there with Dick. Ughh, I'm so busted.

  I went to walk past them, but Kevin grabbed my arm and sternly said,"What do you think you are doing? Baby, you are not going anywhere. Yeah, it is about time your stories started adding up, but no I had Dick call me and tell me you were about to get yourself killed!!"

  I sighed and shook off Kevin's hand, but he pulled me back by my arms.

  Kevin's blue eyes filled with concern, while he pleaded to me,"Please listen to me. I know you feel like you are doing the right thing, but I cannot risk losing you. Once you go out there, there is no controlling what happens to you. Y/N, I love you too much to at least tell you how I feel about this. Please...do...not...go."

  I had never seen Kevin this concerned before. Seeing the fear in his eyes, just made me want to facepalm and feel ashamed of what I had been doing. Kevin lifted my chin, before he kissed me with full-on tears in his eyes. I kissed back and wrapped my arms around his neck. Kevin smiled in the kiss, before he leaned more into it. I giggled and smiled, too.

  He slowly let go and pecked my lips saying,"I gotta go check on my brother. Are you gonna be all right?"

  I nodded and kissed Kevin one more time, before he jogged up the stairs. Now, it was just Dick and I. His eyes filled with disappointment, but I could tell that wasn't all that was there.

  Dick put his hands on my shoulders saying,"I know what you are trying to do Y/N, but it is best if you try to avoid this. I do not mean it in a mean way, but we do not want this life for you. Bruce's reaction will be worse in other ways, and I want you to know that this family would never put you in harm's way. It is not all fun and games while you are out there, which is why Bruce tried to keep you away from finding most of this out. Sure, you are a very smart girl, which is why you found it out anyway. It still hurts, though."

  I giggled and smiled up at Dick.

  Dick smiled back and wrapped his arms around me saying,"In the end, we cannot make the decision for you. If this is what you wanna do, then go for it. Whatever choice you make, I will be behind you. I always will."

  I kissed Dick's cheek, before he walked up the stairs. I took a deep breath and waited for Bruce to come down.

  Once he did, Bruce stood in front of me and sighed saying,"Tell me it is not true, Y/N. I thought we talked about this."

  Tears formed in my eyes, because I knew I had broken something inside of Bruce.

  Bruce squeezed the table and said heartbroken,"I...I thought we made a promise to each other, Y/N. I promised that I would protect you and be the father you needed, while you promised to stay away from the suits and what was out there. What happened to that, Y/N?"

  I sniffed and pleaded saying,"Dad, give me a chance. I promise to do whatever it takes, and I'm more than willing to let you train me or teach me-"

  Bruce cut me off by shaking his head and sternly said,"No, I refuse to let you go out there. This is not up for discussion. As your father, I am forbidding you to go out there ever again!!"

  Tears poured down my face, and I yelled in frustration,"I...I HATE YOU!!"

  I dashed down the stairs and out of Wayne Manor. I made my way into the Gotham Cemetery and over to my parents' gravestones.

  I fell down to my knees and sobbed loudly saying,"I miss you guys so much. I know Bruce was just trying to protect me, but why can he not just let me be on my own and fight my own battles? I do see him as my father, and I do not want to lose him. What have I done? I already told him that I hated him and now he is probably blaming himself for it. What kind of a daughter am I? Why can I not just do the right thing?"

  I put my head down and continued to cry. I felt strong arms wrap around me, and I immediately recognized the touch.

  I sobbed even harder and buried my face in his jacket saying,"Dad, I am so sorry. I love you so much. I'm...so...so...sorry."

  Bruce shook his head and cried, too, before he held me tighter. He kissed my forehead, before he stayed with me.