Shadow (Earth-One) x Reader

Dedicated to DreamyKawaii. Up next is a Klarion x Reader. HAPPY EASTER OR EASTER WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

   Y/N'S POV

  I decided to help myself for a walk down the long streets of New York City. The streets were busy as usual, but I did not really care about that right now. I just wanted to get home to my boyfriend, Kent.
  Kent was known as a hero named the Shadow. Shadow had been around for a very long time now, but he was way before our known heroes like Batman and Superman.

  I finally arrived home, and Kent greeted me with a kiss and a long hug.

  I buried my face in his neck and mumbled,"I missed you."

  Kent chuckled deeply and said,"I missed you, too. How was work?"

  I took off my jacket and sat down on the sofa saying,"It was fine, but some guy tried to get my number again. Kent, he is so annoying."

  Kent rolled his eyes and clenched his jaw.

  I smiled at his concern, but then I held his chin saying,"Hey, I am going to be fine, okay? I did not take it, because I'm not interested. I only want to be with you. The mission go okay? Learn anything?"

  Kent chuckled, because he knew what I was doing. I just smiled and waited for his response.

  Kent nodded and held my hand saying,"Yeah, I learned just how much I need you in my life. Do you know how special you are to me?"

  I blushed looking down and smiled to myself saying,"Kent."

  Kent lifted my chin and leaned in kissing me slowly. I kissed back, but I smelt something. I immediately frowned in the kiss, and Kent thought I did not enjoy the kiss.
  I quickly shook my head and pushed him over, before I ran into the kitchen. I quickly pulled out my cookies, and I groaned.

  Kent casually walked into the kitchen and said,"Sorry?"

  I waved it off and made a new batch. Our song came on loud through the speakers, and Kent held out his hand. I smiled, and Kent pulled me against his chest.

  I pecked his lips saying,"I love you, Kent."

  Kent smiled back and said,"I love you, too. Now, just enjoy this dance and try to keep up."

  I giggled and rested my head on Kent's chest. Kent smiled down at me and began to sing along with the music.
Kent's gaze never left mine, and I smiled, knowing he truly did love me the way I did him. Kent leaned in and went to kiss me, but the timer went off for the cookies.

  Kent smirked and gently pushed me forward saying,"You may wanna get that. We saw what just happened the last time."

  I playfully rolled my eyes, but I headed over to the oven. I took out the cookies and waited for them to cool down. Kent walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. I felt safe and secure in his arms, and I leaned more into his touch.
  Kent kissed my forehead, and I grabbed some of the cookie batter I had left over. I quickly turned around and rubbed it all over Kent's face. He groaned and tried to go towards the flour mix. I panicked and jumped on his back. Kent chuckled and made it over to the flour, before he dumped the flour over my head.

  I groaned this time, because it would take a long time for me to get all of this flour out of my hair. Kent tried to get me off him, but I just tightened my legs around his waist. Kent rolled his eyes, while I giggled in triumph.

  He sighed and said,"Get off me, baby. I am sorry, okay? I will help you wash it out."

  I kissed his cheek and pouted saying,"You promise?"

  Kent kissed my eyelids and nodded saying,"I promise, beautiful, now please get down."

  I held onto Kent's shoulders as I jumped down. Kent and I got started on cleaning up the kitchen. We finished cleaning up the kitchen about an hour later. Kent sat down at the table, while I put all the cookies on a plate. I brought them over to the table and sat down in Kent's lap. Kent smiled. I took one of the cookies and put one in Kent's mouth.

  I nervously said,"How do they taste?"

  Kent gave me a kiss and stroked my cheek saying,"Well done, beautiful, well done. I love you, Y/N."

  I blushed and kissed him again saying,"I love you, too, Shadow. I love you, too."