Hal Jordan x Reader

Hey, DC Comics family!! Hopefully you all are having a great weekend so far! The next request was for Hal Jordan for "Love Story" by Taylor Swift. This song was definitely one of my favorites growing up, but I still love her!! Anyway, comment and vote, if you like it!!

   Y/N'S POV

  I was a part of the Yellow Lantern Corps. Yeah, normally when you heard that name, it meant a bad thing, right? Well, I was actually the opposite. You probably wouldn't believe me, but I don't really care. I spend most of my days enjoying the scenery or even reading.
  My dad was Sinestro. However, I had a confession to make: I do not even want to be a part of this whole bad side anyway. I believed I was brought into this because of my dad. I just wanted to live a normal life, besides from always running away from some hero.

  Currently, I was aiming for relaxation. I had been reading this really interesting book, and I wanted to finish it. Someone knocked lightly on my door, and it was my mom.

  I smiled saying,"Yes, Mom?"

  Mom smiled back at me and said,"It is time for breakfast. I can tell you are really into that book, so I will give you an extra few seconds to spare."

  I chuckled and nodded saying,"Thank you, Mom. I will be up in a few seconds."

  Mom kissed both of my cheeks, before she gently closed my door. I felt a presence in the room and turned around.
  I went to scream, but gentle hands covered my mouth. I closed my eyes and slowly opened my eyes. Thankfully, it was Hal Jordan. I smiled and gently removed his hands from my mouth.

  Hal kissed my cheek and brought me close saying,"I have been waiting all day to do that. Are you okay?"

  I nodded and leaned on his chest saying,"I am fine, Lantern. Are you not going to get in trouble for seeing me again?"

  Hal lifted my chin and said,"No, I will just say I was out looking for your father or something like that. What is wrong, Y/N?"

  I sighed and looked down at my shoes saying,"Why would you do all this for me, even with who my dad is? You sure you do not want to turn me in, too?"

  Hal intertwined his fingers with mine saying,"No, I would never turn you in. N/N, I love you for who you are, and our different sides won't change that. I would do anything to be with you and see your beautiful face again."

  I blushed and stroked Hal's cheek saying,"Hal..."

  Hal chuckled and said,"So, I will see you later, then?"

  I nodded and placed a kiss on his lips saying,"Yeah, you definitely will. Baby?"

  Hal looked down at me, before I continued to stroke his cheek saying,"I love you."

  Hal smiled really big at me, because I had actually admitted it to him. He had been trying to get me to say it to him for a while now, but I never said it. I could tell it made him upset, when I failed to say it back.
  I always hesitated because of our different sides of the law, but I was not afraid anymore. I loved Hal and that was enough.

  Hal kissed me passionately saying,"I love you, too, babe. I will see you later."

  I nodded and kissed his cheek, before I ran up the stairs. When I made it into the kitchen, I tried not to come across as suspicious to my parents.

  Mom and Dad gave me a look, while Mom causiously asked me,"What took you so long? Was it the book?"

  I nodded and just went with it.

  I said,"Yeah, it was pretty amazing. It did not get the ending that I wanted, but it was still great. Dad, why are you looking at me like that?"

  Dad narrowed his eyes at me saying,"I see the way you look at that Lantern every time we are facing against each other. Y/N, I would never allow it, because he is not fighting for the right side. You are a Yellow Lantern, and that is not going to change because of some boy!!"

  I frowned and argued,"But he is really sweet, and I...I love him!!"

  Dad's frown grew bigger, while Mom had a smile on her face.

  At least she approved of it.

  With Mom, it was never about who was good and bad. Dad, he only saw one perspective, and that was his own.

  Dad yelled,"YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO BE WITH HIM, SO DO NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP!! I WILL KILL HIM BEFORE HE MAKES IT TO YOU!!"

  Tears formed in my eyes, and I looked at Mom. I knew she could not do anything because of Dad, but she gave me sympathetic eyes.
  I ran down the stairs and into my room. I gently closed the door behind me. I fell onto the bed and sobbed into my pillow.

  I felt strong arms wrap around me, while I sobbed saying,"Baby, I love you so much, and I am sorry if you ever felt like I have not. I do not care what Dad says, because you love me, too. Please do not leave me."

  Hal turned me around and pulled me against his chest saying,"I will never leave you. I love you, too, and I know you are the one for me. Y/N, I will protect you, okay?"

  I sniffed and held his hands saying,"You promise?"

  Hal chuckled, running his hands through my hair saying,"I promise, Y/N. Do you want a kiss?"

  I blushed in embarrassment, because he read my mind. I just nodded and pulled him in for a kiss. Hal kissed back and wrapped his arms around my waist. I wrapped mine around his neck and held on for a while.

  Hal slowly pulled away saying,"I will always love you, Y/N, no matter who is against it."

  I smiled back saying,"I love you, too, Hal Jordan. I love you, too."