Batgirl x Best Friend Reader

Requested by MarvelandDcUnite

   Y/N'S POV

  Today, Barb and I decided to have a girl's day. We agreed on going shopping and then getting our nails done. It was our way of trying to get away and enjoy each other's company.
  First, we had to go visit her father, because Barb had to go meet Batman to talk to him about something. As we walked inside the GCPD precinct, I said hi to the many police officers passing by and offered good luck to the ones about to leave. In Gotham City, they needed a few good lucks. It was a war zone out there...

  Barb and I finally made it to Gordon's office, and I greeted him saying,"Hello, Commissioner. It is great to see you again. How are you?"

  Gordon just smiled and pulled me in for a hug saying,"I'm doing great, honey. How's your family doing?"

  I pulled away from the hug and replied saying,"Good, sir."

  Gordon smiled saying,"That's great to hear. Well, I will let you go and have your girl's day. Bye, Y/N, be safe."

  I sent Gordon a small smile and said,"You too."

  I followed Barb up to the roof by the Batsignal, and then we waited for Batman to arrive. He glided towards us and landed on the roof perfectly, flashing me a smile and a nod.

  I nodded back and said,"Hey, Dark Knight."

  Batman took off his cowl and replied,"Hi, Y/N. Thanks for the information, Barb. Meet me at the Clock Tower, when you are ready."

  Barb talked to Batman, and I gave them their privacy to talk about some case. I think that was what this was about..Sometimes, I could be very forgetful...

  After I said goodbye to Bruce, Barb told me to come on. She instantly reminded me that we did not have much time until the usual activity started in Gotham.
  First, Barb and I hit the stores. There was nothing like a shopping spree. I ended up buying two shirts, five dresses, and presents for the family. Barb bought TOO much stuff. I just laughed at her greed and dragged her towards the coffee shop. We each ordered a hot chocolate and sat down at one of the available tables nearby.

  I noticed Barb was distracted, so I asked her,"Barb, what's on your mind?"

  Barb snapped back into reality, before she answered,"It's just...I'm worried about Dick. He's been really distant lately. Y/N, he barley speaks to me. I try to confront him, but he just ends up distracting me. I feel like he doesn't want me anymore."

  I sighed and said,"Barb, that's not true. Dick loves you more than anything. I will talk to him and see what is going on. Richard is a great and modest guy, who will do anything to protect you."

  Barb smiled and said,"You are the most loyal friend a girl could ask for. Let's go, before they send Bruce after us."

  We shortly arrived at the Manor and put everything up, before I headed down the stairs.

  I saw Jason talking to Dick, and I cut in saying,"Babe, you don't mind if I talk to Dick for a moment, do you?"

  Jason jumped at hearing my voice, but he smiled saying,"Nope, he's all yours, but don't make me come after you."

  Jason gave me a kiss, before he left out the room. Dick slowly sat down beside me and acted like he was afraid of me. I went to pinch him, but he grabbed my hand.

  Dick put one arm around me and said,"What's up?"

  I sighed saying,"What's going on with Barb and you?"

  At first, Dick looked at me confused, before he caught on and said,"I've been out trying to get her a ring. I want to propose to her, but I haven't realized that I've been that busy."

  I screamed in relief and then quickly lowered my voice, remembering Barb was upstairs. Hopefully, she did not hear anything. If she did, she would act like she heard nothing.

  I hugged Dick and said,"That's great. I'll go get her!!"

  Jason walked in the room and sneered saying,"You're too close, Grayson."

  Dick then said,"So, I can't do this?"

  Dick kissed my cheek, before he bolted towards the stairs. Jason ran after him in a matter of seconds. I used this as a chance to go get Barb. I walked up the stairs and found her; however, I realized she was crying.
  That's perfect!! Dick could comfort her, so I brought her into the living room. I cornered the boys and grabbed Dick, before I gently pushed him into Barb and grabbed Jason, pushing him outside.

  I thought to myself,"Get her Dick. Now, there are no distractions."

   DICK'S POV

  "Barb, I'm sorry I made you feel this way. I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I'm sorry you had to go through that without me being there for you but know that it was the last time. I want to always be by your side, so will you do me the honor of marrying me?"

  I was nervous as to what Barb would say, but she just tackled me screaming,"Yes! Yes! Of course, I will!!"

   Y/N'S POV

  I fangirled, before I stormed into the room, tackling Dick. I kissed his cheek multiple times. Dick groaned, then he lightly pushed me off him.

  Jason followed me into the kitchen and said to Dick,"Congratulations."

  Dick smirked and said,"Well, what about Y/N and you? What are your plans, Jason?"

  I curiously looked over at Jason, but he just buried his face in my neck. I hope Jason had something planned for us, but I was good with being patient for now. In this moment of time, I was just so happy for Barb getting her happy ending.