Clark Kent x Reader

Dedicated to deannahskywalker. Thank you all for being patient with me whenever I am writing a request for you. I may have a good amount, but I never mind getting them way beforehand. It gives me more time to work on them. As of right now, just hold off on sending me any more requests, because if I get anymore, I'll start getting overwhelmed. Trust me, no one wants that. Also, after you're done reading, check out the paragraph at the end of this Clark Kent x Reader under the long line. I really want everyone to see that!!

   Y/N'S POV

  This article was going to be the death of me. I don't know why Perry gave it to me.

  Jimmy ran over to my desk and excitedly said,"Guess what, Y/N?!!"

  I giggled softly and genuinely asked Jimmy,"What, Olsen?"

  Jimmy smiled and placed a newspaper in front of me. I examined it and saw Superman shaking hands with the Mayor. I smiled at seeing Clark on the newspaper.

  Jimmy just smirked and crossed his arms saying,"You wanna see him, don't you? I hear he is gonna be here to meet Lois."

  I immediately frowned and tightly gripped my coffee mug.

  Jimmy frowned and quickly said,"Y/N, they are just friends, okay? Superman does care about you, you know."

  I saw Clark talking with Lois, and I felt my blood boiling. They were just talking, but negative thoughts could make your blood boil.

  Jimmy worriedly said,"Y/N, are you all right? Was it something I said? Y/N?!!"

  I shook my head and ran out of the Daily Planet. I bumped into someone and blinked to see Bruce. Bruce's smile dropped, when he saw my tears falling down my face.

  He held my face and said,"Y/N, what's wrong? Did Clark hurt you?"

  I sniffed and let go of Bruce's hand, before I ran all the way back to my apartment. My doorbell went off, but I did not feel like getting it. What did I have against Lois? Clark clearly got along with her very well, and they had known each other for years now.
  Every time she fell off a building or became a target, Clark always showed up in a matter of seconds. Everyone knew I was right.

  I crashed on the bed and sobbed loudly. Strong arms wrapped around me, and I knew it was Superman.

  I looked to the side and sniffed saying,"Why don't you go save Lois? I am sure she has gotten herself into trouble again. I...I..."

  When my eyes finally met Clark's, Clark's blue eyes were full of concern. He put his hand on my face, and I found myself leaning into his touch.

  Superman smiled but frowned saying,"Y/N, why would I go to Lois when you need me?"

  I looked down and held his hands tightly saying,"BECAUSE LOIS IS LOIS LANE! SHE HAS EVERYTHING THAT I DON'T. SHE'S PRETTY, AMAZING, AND GREAT AT EVERYTHING SHE DOES!! YOU TWO HAVE MORE OF A CONNECTION THAN WE DO! CLARK, I'M GOING TO BE THE THIRD WHEEL OF THE GROUP!!"

  Clark flinched at my yelling, which made me quickly apologize to him. It was overdramatic of me to yell at Clark, but I had already yelled at him. All I could do was apologize and tell how I felt without yelling.

  I sniffed and said,"I am so sorry, I am just afraid of losing you to Lois. Clark, I..."

  Clark cut me off by kissing me passionately. I immediately responded and kissed back. Clark smiled in the kiss, but he shyly pulled away.

  I giggled softly and stroked his cheek saying,"Do you need to tell me something, Man of Steel?"

  Clark stuttered, which made me smile. He was so shy, yet sweet and gentle in his own way.

  Clark worked up the courage to bring his hands to my face and kissed my cheek saying,"I am glad you finally told me how you feel, Y/N. Listen to me. I know you have been hurting and you are still holding on to your past relationships, but I am not going to leave you for Lois, okay? Lois is a nice girl, but she is not my girl. You will never lose me. I promise. You will never be a third wheel."

  I blushed madly, which made Clark smile. He chuckled, but he actually started singing The Temptations. I will admit I was surprised that Clark actually knew who they were, since it was before our time. I knew who they were, because my grandmother listened to them whenever I visited her.

  Clark smiled and turned to "My Girl" on my phone. He held out his hand, which made me blush. I took his hand, and Clark helped me up to my feet. He rested his hands on my waist, while I rested mine on his shoulders. Clark sung along, which brought tears to my eyes.
  I never knew someone could do this much, just to make me smile. Clark noticed and gave me worried eyes, but I just waved it off.

  He pulled me close and put his forehead on mine saying,"I love you, Y/N. No matter what race or ethnicity you are, I will always love you."

  Tears poured down my face, because Clark's words hit me very hard. They did.

  I stroked his cheek and said,"I love you, too, Clark Kent."

  Clark pulled me even closer and continued to waltz us around my apartment. Clark seemed nervous this time, like he was gonna ask me something. I just smiled and let him decide when he was going to tell me what he wanted to tell me.

  Clark cleared his throat and said,"Y/N...would...you...like...to...umm..."

  Clark stuttered, and I rested my hands on his chest saying,"Go ahead, Superman. I am listening."

  Clark leaned in and kissed me slowly. I kissed back and ran my fingers through his hair. Clark blushed, but he held me tighter.

  He barely pulled away mumbling,"Do you love me enough to have children one day with me? You know, after we get married?"

  I'll admit I was caught off-guard by his question. When I didn't answer, I could see the hurt in Clark's blue eyes.

  I immediately frowned and held his face saying,"No, baby, that is not what I meant. Of course, I would want to have children with you one day. I love you. It is up to you when, though, since you're Superman, and I want both of us to be okay with the decision whenever we're ready."

  Clark smiled so big, before he hugged me. I smiled through my tears of joy, and I knew this was where I wanted to be.

_______________________________________

I really wanted this Clark Kent x Reader to touch people hearts, even though I took it in a different direction than planned. I just wanted to say that it doesn't matter what race, ethnicity, or even religion you are, because we girls are all beautiful and confident in everything we do. You don't have to be good at everything, because you're special and going to change someone else's life, too. I love all of you dearly and go girl power!!! If you're a guy, then you're handsome, and you will also do amazing things. If you don't identify as male or female, you're amazing and special in your own way, too! Don't let anyone bring you down.