Dick Grayson x Reader

Hey, hey lovely readers!! I JUST GOT BACK HOME FROM SEEING BATMAN V SUPERMAN, AND IT WAS AMAZING!! WORDS CAN'T DESCRIBE HOW MUCH I ENJOYED IT!! CAN'T WAIT FOR SUICIDE SQUAD AND THE MANY MORE DC FILMS ON THE WAY!!

   Y/N'S POV

  I have had the privilege of dating the famous Nightwing for 4 years now. Yeah, he was all I could have hoped for in a guy, and I would not take any of it back. Sure, we have had our moments, but they only made us closer and stronger.
  Right now, I was wondering where Dick actually was. Since I had been in Metropolis, I had not seen him all day. The reason why I was in Metropolis was to get his surprise ready. I wanted to do something special for him, showing Dick I really appreciated him.

  I spotted Jason, Tim, and Damian sitting on the couch and actually getting along. Whoa, this was not something you saw every day.

  Tim sent me a soft smile, while Damian curiously said,"Hey, L/N. What are you looking for? Grayson is in the Batcave. Did something happen?"

  I shook my head and said confused,"No. Why? Is he acting weird or something?"

  Jason nodded,"Yes, normally he would have been up here messing with us by now. I hate to say this, but I actually miss that idiot."

  I giggled but realized what he called Dick. Damian smirked, while Tim hit Jason's shoulder.

  Jason chuckled and innocently said,"What? You know it is true."

  Tim rolled his eyes, while Damian just looked in between them. No matter how much they fought, they would always have each other's backs. I knew they would...

  I kissed each of their cheeks, before I walked towards the entrance to the Batcave. A bat passed by me, and I yelped in surprise. The boys laughed, then I rolled my eyes and walked down the stairs.

  Sure enough, I spotted Nightwing practicing on the bars.

  Batman gently grabbed my arm and whispered in my ear,"Comfort him. Dick needs you."

  I nodded and Batman gave me a kiss, before he made his way up the stairs. I sighed and made my way towards Nightwing. He did not notice me yet, so I waited until it was a good move for me to speak.

  Once Nightwing was hanging upside down, I softly said,"Richard?"

  Nightwing immediately snapped his head in my direction, and I noticed the tears in his eyes.

  I frowned and held his face saying,"Oh, baby. Dick, what is it?"

  Dick pushed my hands away and jumped down. Nightwing went to walk past me, but I grabbed his arm and pulled him close.

  I carefully brought my hands to Dick's face and caressed his cheek saying,"Hey, don't cry. Grayson, I wanna know what is bothering you. You can talk to me. I promised I would be the shoulder you could cry on. Let me."

  Dick's blue eyes looked at me with an unreadable expression, before he just pulled me in for a hug. I hugged back, and Dick broke down on my shoulder.

  My frown grew, because I had never seen Dick this upset before.

  I tightly wrapped my arms around his waist and kissed his cheek saying,"Shh. Shh. I got you. It is okay, you will get through this."

  Dick shook his head and sobbed saying,"I am so sorry, babe, I just...I miss my parents. I could have done something to stop them that night. If I would have known, then that would have never happened. They would still be alive, and I would be their son again."

  So, that was what all of this is about. I held him tighter and didn't pull away from the hug, knowing he needed to know I was here. He leaned on me and I could feel his tears against my shoulder, so there was no way I was letting him go this second.

  When I felt like he had calmed down, I slowly let go and nudged his side saying,"I know you are constantly reminded of your past, but you will always have a family who loves and cares for you. Grayson, you do not know how happy I am to know that I have a man like you at my side. We may not always see eye to eye, but that is okay. Your past was rough, and I know it has only gotten harder, but there has been some good that has happened in your life, too."

  I stopped for a minute, so I could give Dick time to process my words. He leaned into my touch, and I smiled at him giving in.

  I rubbed his arms and leaned on his shoulder saying,"Things happen for a reason, Dick, and I know you are special in every way. Trust me, your parents are smiling down at you right now. I mean, look at all the achievements and progress you have given to this city and Blüdhaven. If it was not for you, then Blüdhaven would have destroyed itself. Dick, you were brought down this path for a reason. Do not think it was just luck or chance, because you are more than what people tend to see. You are a hero, a lifesaver, and also the love of my life. Richard John "Dick" Grayson, I love you so much. Your parents are always with you. Always."

  By the time I was done talking, tears were constantly falling down Dick's face. He kissed me multiple times, before he pulled me in for another hug. I only hugged him tighter.

  Dick sniffed saying,"I do not know what I would do without you."

  I smiled to myself and said,"I don't know what I would do without you, Grayson."