Atom x Reader

Y/N'S POV

  Finding a job had always been a struggle for me. It either had something to do with my prior work experience or past actions that immediately turned people away. Fortunately for me, Mr. Palmer had graciously given me a job at Palmer Industries. However, I used to work for Mr. Queen. Before Mr. Palmer, Mr. Queen was the only one who would hire me.
  I was a little devastated that Ray Palmer just came in trying to take over Oliver's company, but Oliver did not seem to mind. So, I just went with it, too. I also didn't plan on being in a relationship with Ray neither, but it happened not too long ago. I didn't regret it, though, but I did mix up his name often, because of it.

  On the way to my desk, paying zero attention to my surroundings, I bumped into someone. I quickly apologized and realized the person I had bumped into was Ray.

  I immediately apologized saying,"I am so sorry, Ra-Mr. Palmer! I am so clumsy!!"

  Mr. Palmer just smiled and waved it off.

  I blushed, and he grabbed my hand saying,"I need to show you something."

  I followed behind Mr. Palmer, while I blushed at his hand in my own. Mr. Palmer and I walked into another office room, and then I spotted a suit.

  The suit immediately made me think,"This guy really is a genius. I can barely figure out how to get out of my own bed in the morning."

  I looked at the suit in awe, and Mr. Palmer closed my mouth.

  My cheeks filled with color, and he held my face saying,"Will you help me rebuild it, please?"

  I smirked saying,"Only if you take me on that date you promised me."

  Mr. Palmer, well Ray kissed me before saying,"Okay, okay. I am taking you to a fancy restaurant and before you say "no," I already made reservations. Too late to not join me."

  I sighed in defeat and nodded, before Ray smiled and motioned to the other side of the office.
  Ray and I walked over to the suit and we made the necessary adjustments to it, before Ray led me out to the balcony.

  I asked Ray,"What is going on?"

  Ray shook his head and looked me in the eyes saying,"Nothing. There is just something I want to tell you."

  I started off saying,"Which is..."

  Ray made me look at him before putting his hand over my right hand saying,"I love you. You do not have to say it back, but it would be nice to hear it. Especially because I spent weeks practicing in the mirror to say it to you. I even..."

  I cut Ray off by kissing him, and Ray immediately responded.

  I pulled away from the kiss and put my forehead against Ray's saying,"I love you, too, Ray. I love you, too, Ra- I mean, Mr. Palmer."

  I was hoping to make him laugh, and I was successful. Of course, there came a time where Ray and I found it hard to be together, so we both stepped back, until we could make it work again.