Dick Grayson x Barbara Gordon

DICK'S POV

  Now, I was sitting in the Cave looking for Bruce. Bruce should have been here hours ago, and it was unlike him to not show up. This was Bruce Wayne we were talking about. I really needed to talk to him. I needed to talk to him because of Barb.
  Barb had been distancing herself from me lately, and I did not know what it was. Was she upset or just mad with me? I don't remember saying anything offensive to her...I sighed but smiled when I saw Bruce walking towards me.

  He smiled back, but he said,"What's wrong, Richard?"

  "Do you know why Barb has been kind of distant lately? She won't answer my-"

  Bruce didn't even let me finish and asked me,"Dick, what did you do this time?"

  I put my hands up in surrender and said,"I have not done anything. Honest, Bruce. I am just worried about her. She is my girlfriend, you know."

  Bruce smirked and said,"Really? Here she comes now."

  Barb entered from the back entrance of the Cave, and she was in her Batgirl suit.

  She walked over to us and said,"Hey guys. Dick, may I speak to you for a moment?"

  I nodded and said,"Sure, Barb."

  Barb took my hand, before she led us outside.

  I pulled her close and said,"What's up, Babs?"

  Barb sighed, and she was definitely about to cry.

  I frowned and asked Barb,"Babs, what's wrong?"

  Barb sniffed and said,"I...I love you, Dick. I love you so much."

  I stroked her cheek and said,"I love you too, Babs, but what is going on?"

  Barb said,"I am sorry I have been avoiding you, Dick. I did not mean to. It is just...my dad got kidnapped, and I did not want the same thing to happen to you. Dick, I cannot lose you. I thought I was going to lose my dad and..."

  Barb broke down, and I pulled her in for a hug.

  She hugged back, while I whispered in her ear,"Hey, you will never lose me, okay? I will always be here to protect you. You are Batgirl, and I am Nightwing. We make a great team, and there is no other girl I would rather spend my time with."

  Barb smiled and said,"I love you, Dick Grayson."

  I smiled back and said,"I love you, too, Barbara Gordon. Where is my kiss?"

  Barb smirked, before she kissed me softly. I kissed back and brought her closer. She seemed shocked at first, but she eventually grew comfortable.

  I pulled away and said,"Thanks, babe. C'mon, I am sure Bruce is looking for us."

  I took Barb's hand, before I led us back inside the Cave.

  Bruce smirked and said,"You guys are okay, now?"

  I nodded and kissed Barb's cheek saying,"We are now. Sorry, Batman. Hey, Barb?"

  Barb looked up at me and said,"Yes?"

  I pulled her close and said,"How about we have dinner at your place with your father?"

  Barb smiled really big and said,"I would like that, Dick. What about the mission?"

  I put my forehead on hers and said,"Babe, you will always be the mission. My mission was to be figure out what was going on with you, and I know now."