Harvey Dent x Reader

This takes place before Harvey is Two-Face.

   Y/N'S POV

  I was one of Gotham's finest attorneys. I worked alongside Harvey Dent, Commissioner Gordon, and even the famous Batman. I met Batman while working on a case a couple of years ago. On that day, he had nearly given me a heart attack from entering through my office window.
  There were a number of emotions that went through me, but it was nice to have Batman's company. He was there to give me pointers if I needed an extra opinion on what was going on in Gotham. Batman would also check on me from time to time on my own request and Harvey's, too.

  Today, I had the pleasure of working on a case that Batman had given to me. Since this involved finding the victim's mother and father, I immediately understood why he had given me this case. Bruce was a long-time best friend of mine at this point, so I took the case as soon as he had given it to me (no matter if I wanted to take the case or not).

  A few days later, I walked in on Harvey and Rachel Dawes kissing each other in my office. The only reason I came back into my office at that time was to meet Batman or Bruce. I had some leads on the case, and I wanted to inform him of those leads.
  After seeing Harvey and Rachel, I needed air quickly. I knew I wasn't going to get it from my office. The best place was probably my other spot to meet Batman. Trying to keep it together, I headed up to the top floor of Wayne Enterprises.

  In a couple of seconds, I started crying. That was when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around, and the hand belonged to Batman. Batman sent me a sympathetic look and held out his arms for me. I looked at him for a few seconds, before I gladly gave in.
  I cried for hours and eventually gave Batman the file, but he promised to stay and comfort me...I was certain I messed up his armor plate, but Batman just waved it off.

  He asked,"Y/N, what's wrong?"

  I shook my head, but Bruce gave me a look, and I sighed saying,"I saw Harvey with Rachel."

  Batman immediately wrapped his arms back around me, because he knew how I felt right now.

  Batman said,"It's okay, N/N. I'm sure you'll get him. Maybe she got to him, but Harvey does love you. I see that every day."

  When he turned to leave, I gripped his cape like my life depended on it.

  Batman sighed and asked,"Do you want to stay with me for a few days?"

  I looked up at Batman and hoarsely said,"Yes, I...I would. Thank y...you, Bruce."

  I kissed his cheek and held my arms out for Bruce. Batman just chuckled and gladly took me to Wayne Manor.
  I managed to almost fall asleep on him, but Bruce took me to my room where I stayed when I decided to stay over at the last minute.

  He gently laid me down and wrapped the covers around me whispering,"Good night, darling. I hope Harvey comes to his senses."

  Bruce gently kissed my forehead and headed towards the door. He turned and sent me a small smile. I returned his smile, and he slowly closed the door behind him.

   THE NEXT MORNING...STILL Y/N'S POV...:)

  I woke up the next morning to hearing a knock on the front door.

  I yelled from upstairs,"ALFRED, I GOT IT!! LET ME OPEN THE DOOR!!"

  I heard Alfred laughing from the kitchen, before I smiled and ran down the stairs to get to the front door.

  When I opened the door, it was Harvey. My heart instantly broke and I wanted to cry again, but I held it in.

  I said,"Hey, Harvey, what's up?"

  "I wanted to know why you left so early yesterday. When I came to find you, you were nowhere to be found."

  I replied,"I had to leave. It was personal business."

  Harvey did not seem convinced and asked me,"Are you okay? You look terrible, and your eyes are red."

  I randomly yelled,"NO, I'M NOT! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO AND KISS RACHEL?"

  I had officially slipped up...That was not supposed to come out...

  Harvey seemed shocked by this and said,"Rachel kissed me first. I tried to pull away, but it was already too late."

  I walked up to him and said,"Harvey, can I ask you something?"

  Harvey nodded saying,"Sure."

  I asked him, afraid of the true answer,"Do you like me?"

  Harvey took my hand and said,"I have always liked you. I love you even, but I was planning on asking you on a date. When I finally worked up the courage to, Rachel just kissed me. I'm sorry I didn't notice how you felt, but will you do me the honor of becoming my girlfriend?"

  I yelled,"YES, HARVEY. SURE!!!"

  Harvey then said,"I know how close you and Batman are, because he threatened to give me a beating for hurting you. Then, he gave me that look that he always gives. Maybe this is why he threatened to beat me, because I had made you upset."

  I chuckled and smiled brightly saying,"Yeah. Maybe."

  I hugged Harvey, and it felt so good to be in his arms. I reminded myself that I needed to thank Bruce for scaring Harvey later, not knowing the whole Bat-Family was watching everything from the monitors. :)

  Typical...