Damian Wayne x Reader

Dedicated to Nightingale369.

Info:Imagine you and Damian were once enemies, fighting for different sides, but as you got older, you fell hard for each other.

   Y/N'S POV

  I had the privilege of being the sister of Hal Jordan. Maybe you knew him? If you don't, why not? I wasn't going to give you my past, but I could tell you that it was not as tragic as all those other heroes and villains in our universe.
  I mean, I always felt for Batman, because he probably had the roughest past out of anyone. I could not imagine what that blow felt like every day. Speaking of Batman, I was about to visit him right now. I had to drop off some stuff for the League that Rā's wanted me to give to Bruce.

  When I arrived at my destination, I made my way to the door.

  Alfred greeted me saying,"Hello, Miss Y/N, how was training?"

  I smiled, because Alfred always cared about my day, even though I practically told him the same thing every day.

  I sighed saying,"The same as usual, Alfred. Rā's was easy on me today, so it was not that bad. Is Bruce here? I need to give this to him."

  Alfred nodded and said,"Master Bruce is still in the Cave, Miss Y/N. I will walk you."

  I nodded and followed Alfred. Alfred led me to the entrance of the Batcave, before I carefully made my way down.
Bruce's head immediately snapped towards my direction, which made me jump. Bruce chuckled deeply, and I pouted. Then, he walked over to me and hugged me.

  I hugged back and said,"Hey Detective, I am fine by the way, thank you. Aww, Batman, you are such a softie."

  Bruce just gave me a smile and shrugged. I smiled at his carefree attitude, before I handed Bruce the files. Immediately, Bruce looked through them.

  Bruce curiously asked me,"How is Damian doing?"

  When I did nothing but blush in response, Bruce chuckled saying,"You love him, don't you? Y/N, you did not have to say anything, honey, because I know everything."

  I playfully rolled my eyes at his comment, but that was true. Bruce always did seem to know everything.
  After Bruce and I talked for a while, I kissed his cheek and went back to the League.

  I bowed, and Rā's said,"No need, Y/N. What did Detective say?"

  I smiled saying,"He said he will do what he can. In Bruce's terms, he is on board. Do you need anything else?"

   Rā's shook his head and I went to leave, but Rā's held me back.

  He said,"I have noticed that you have started to look at my grandson differently lately. I am not doubting you, Y/N, but I do approve of it."

  I blushed, but I nodded to Rā's. Since this was Damian's grandfather, maybe he could shed some light on Damian's grey areas of his personality.

  I sighed saying,"Rā's, he is not the best person to read. I do not know how he feels about me. I cannot have my heart broken again, because I took a stupid risk. I am not saying taking a chance with him would be stupid, but I would just like to know at least something that goes on in that small head of his. You know?"

  Rā's nodded and let go of my shoulders, before I went to find Damian.
  I was curious as to what he was doing. I found him training. Suddenly, I had an idea.

  I walked up behind him and yelled,"DAMIAN WAYNE?!!"

  Damian jumped and fell down to the ground. I laughed so hard and held my stomach. Damian rolled his eyes, but I helped him up.

  Damian sent me his best smile saying,"It is great to see you, Y/N. Is everything okay? Do you want to talk about something?"

  I smirked saying,"Oh, like about those pathetic counters you call skills?"

  I knew that was pushing his buttons, but we were always like this with each other.

  Damian smirked back saying,"Like that one time when you almost got yourself killed and I had to come and save you?"

  I could not help but smile and caught Damian off-guard. Damian missed my face, but that did not stop me from aiming for his face. I slid under him and hit him from behind.

  I smirked saying,"What is going on, Damian? You seem distracted."

  Damian ran towards me and ended up pinning me down. I tried to escape his grip, but it was no use. I stood down and realized Damian was staring at me.

  I blushed looking away, then Damian quickly got off me saying,"Sorry L/N. I am going to go."

  I pulled him back down and said,"No, it is okay. What is wrong, Dami?"

  Damian held out his hand, and I took it. Damian led us to his room, before he motioned for me to sit.

  I gladly sat down, and Damian took my hands saying,"Y/N, I remember when we were younger. We never got along and tried to kill each other plenty of times, but now everything is different."

  Damian held my face while smiling saying,"Now, I find myself wanting to protect you and do everything I can to be beside you. Y/N, I do not know what it is, but I always feel safe and loved when I am around you. I know I am not the best at being open, but I hope you understand what I am saying. I just hope you can return it."

  I smiled through my tears and held his hands saying,"Aww, Damian, I love you, too. You do not know how long I have waited for you to say that to me. I will always be here for you, no matter what happens out there."

  Damian leaned in like he was going for a kiss, until he pulled me up. I was confused for a minute or two, then he tripped me. I fell on my face and groaned in pain, before I tripped Damian.
  This time, he fell on his face, and I was the one who got a laugh in. Before I knew it, we were chasing after one another. We passed by Rā's, and he smiled, shaking his head. I didn't let Rā's distract me as I tried to catch up to Damian.