Batman x Reader Part 2

There's gonna be tension between Clark and Bruce in this one. I'M SO EXCITED FOR BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!

   Y/N'S POV

  On the way back home, Bruce was very quiet and looked over at me occasionally. I really wanted to know what was bothering him.

  Alfred saw my look and said,"Master Bruce, what is going on? I believe Miss Y/N would sit easier knowing what is bothering you."

  I sent Alfred a nod in thank you and blew him a kiss. Alfred smiled and nodded back, before Bruce made me look at him.

  I stared into Bruce's blue eyes and said,"What's wrong, baby?"

  Bruce hesitated, and I frowned stroking his cheek saying,"Baby, you can talk to me. I am not going to embarass you or leave you to handle this on your own, Bruce. Batman, I...I really love you and want to be able to help you, too. Let me."

  All I wanted Bruce to do was be open with me and trust me, but I realized also that he didn't have to at the same time. I was just hopeful that Bruce would be open with me and trust me.
  Bruce sighed, and I could see him giving in. I smiled and lightly kissed his cheek. Bruce kissed my cheek and opened his mouth to speak, but my phone went off.

  I looked at the caller ID and guess who it was? Clark...

  I answered saying,"Yes, Superman?"

  Bruce seemed to flinch, and I would go ahead and say that Clark was a part of that problem. Bruce's grip tightened around me, and I kissed him in reassurance.

  Clark calmly said,"Is that Bruce with you?"

  Bruce rolled his eyes and pulled away from me.

  I frowned and sternly asked Clark,"Kent, what is going on? Did you guys fight or something?"

  Bruce stayed quiet, and there was something unfamiliar in him today. I rested my hand under his chin, and Bruce seemed to relax.

  I smiled and squeezed his hand, before Clark answered me,"He is a vigilante, and I need him to stay out of my city. Gotham may have its own rules and no jurisdiction, but Metropolis does not have time for killers and men against the law. Y/N..."

  Clark seemed like he was gonna say something, and I was curious as to what. I did not even realize we were at Wayne Manor already.
  Bruce gently let go of my hands, and I immediately frowned. Bruce walked inside and slammed the door behind him. Alfred walked up beside me and whispered something to me, before I nodded in understanding.

  I had forgotten that Clark was still on the phone, until he said,"Y/N, are you doing anything this weekend? I was thinking maybe you could stop by and we could work on the article together? Just the two of us?"

  Wait, was Clark flirting with me? Since when did he want to work on article with me? That was odd. 

  Clark continued on saying,"Bruce does not know you like I do, Y/N. You are an amazing woman, and you get things done. You care for those around you, and it inspires me, Y/N. You are one of a kind. There aren't many women like you."

  I looked down saying,"Clark..."

  Clark went to say something, but I had heard enough. As sweet as Clark was, I could not continue to entertain this. Bruce still needed me.

  I sighed and softly said,"Clark, I know Bruce and you have your differences, but I do not love you. I have always loved Bruce, and I am not leaving him for anyone else. I will still be there as your best friend, but that is it. Goodbye, Clark."

  I hung up the phone and felt like a huge weight had been taken off my shoulders. Clark and I used to be a thing, but I was not interested in getting back together. I made my way up the stairs and into Bruce's bedroom. I found him sitting at his desk with his face in his hands. I slowly walked up behind him and rested my hands on his shoulders.

  I turned Bruce around and cupped his face saying,"Baby, I do not love him, okay? Sure, he tried to get me back, but I want to be with you. I do not care if it gets me killed or kidnapped, because I will know that you did everything that you could do. Bruce, please do not beat yourself up over this. I will always be here to guide you in the right direction. Don't you trust me, Bruce?"

  Bruce nodded and leaned in slowly saying,"I do trust you. I love you, too, Y/N."

  I smiled in the kiss, but I brought Bruce closer. Bruce tightly held onto my waist, but I tripped over my heel. I squealed and brought Bruce down with me. Bruce chuckled, but he kissed me harder. I ran my fingers through his hair and enjoyed this moment.

  Bruce slowly pulled away and put his forehead on mine saying,"I love you, Y/N. I always have."

  I blushed, but I stroked his cheek saying,"I love you, too, Batman. I may have had a huge crush on you and always wanted to cuddle with you one day!!"

  I quickly covered my mouth; Bruce smiled.

  He picked me up and gave me a quick kiss saying,"Let's make that dream come true."

  I immediately smiled and felt tears forming in my eyes. Bruce smiled, too, but he gently wiped my tears from my face. He kissed my cheek, before I snuggled into him. Bruce wrapped an arm around me, and I fell asleep in his warm embrace.