Clark Kent x Reader

Y/N'S POV

  Lately, Clark had been going through it. He was still the same sweetheart that he had always been, but he was in pain. Because of what happened 2 years ago, Metropolis had issued Superman as the enemy and used the media to manipulate Clark's image that he worked so hard to maintain.
  Right now, I was sitting on the couch and waiting for Clark, well Superman to come home. I hadn't seen him in a while, and I was really worried about him. I let out a sigh of relief when I spotted Superman standing outside. I quickly stood to my feet and made my way outside to the porch.

  Superman turned towards me, and he looked so...defeated. He looked like he wanted to stay here and never leave the house, but that was the last thing we needed from Superman. It was time for me to do the best I could to cheer him up and get him back out there.

  I frowned and reached for him saying,"Baby, you know I am on your side. Do not listen to what they are saying. You are not a killer, Clark. You are a hero, and that is what you have always been, Clark. Clark..."

  Superman sighed and put his hands in mine. I lifted our hands and kissed each of his fingers.

  He smiled down at me and said,"Y/N, thank you for being with me. You have never given up on me, and I love you more than you will ever know. I have somewhere I need to be."

  I nodded and pecked his lips saying,"Be on your best behavior, Kent. I will come and get you."

  Clark chuckled, and I rested my hands on his symbol. Clark smiled bright, before he wrapped his arms around me.

  I mumbled,"Clark, you have to go, baby. You will be late. I love you, too."

  Clark nodded and nuzzled his nose against mine. I giggled, which made him smile. He stayed there for a minute, before Clark sent me a wink and quickly flew off. I blushed madly, once he left, but I smiled, knowing he was still in the game.

   HOURS LATER...

  After I heard about what had just happened on the news, I turned off the T.V. and found Clark sitting on the couch.

  I sat down beside him and took his hand saying,"Sweetheart, what did I tell you about letting them get inside your head? You cannot blame any of this on yourself. All you can do is keep pushing through and try to find another way to handle this problem."

  I didn't know what else to do, so I made Clark rest his head on my leg. When he grew comfortable, I just ran my fingers through his hair and did my best to encourage him. After that, Clark pulled me into his arms. He ended up falling asleep pretty fast. Since it was something he rarely received, I let him sleep peacefully and joined him a couple of hours later.

   MINUTES LATER...

  I turned around, and I became face to face with a sleeping Clark Kent. I smiled softly and stroked his cheek slowly.
  Everyone really had the wrong idea about Clark. He did not mean for those people to get killed, but the numbers were big enough for the world to believe that Superman needed to be put in check.

  Clark brought me closer in his sleep and buried his face in my neck. It was nice to see him so peaceful, but because it had been so long since he had actually slept. He deserved this, and I was not going to do anything to wake him up.

...

  I jumped when I realized Clark was awake.

  He just smiled and intertwined his fingers with mine saying,"Sorry. You're really beautiful. Perry didn't like my article. Did you like it, Mrs. Kent?"

  I thought about it and nodded saying,"Yes, I liked it. You were just trying to alert them of the situation, Clark, but do not get too caught up in it. Focus on solving this issue and earning back everyone's trust. It will be hard, but nothing too big for Superman to handle."

  Clark gave me a sweet smile and lightly kissed my hand.

  I blushed madly and groaned saying,"Clark."

  Clark gave me a long kiss, before he got up and said,"I am going to go take care of some business. I love you, Y/N."

  I placed my hand over my heart saying,"I love you, too, Kent. Superman, I will always love you no matter who is against you. You and I have way too much time left to dwell on what everyone else may think of us. After you do what you have to do, you come home."

  Superman smiled and sent me another wink, before he flew off. I knew that Clark was going to be okay, but that would take time. If I had to sacrifice my own time for Clark, then I would gladly do so.