Batman x Younger Reader

Dedicated to DaughterOfApollo9765.

Info: Imagine something devastating happened to your parents, and you found yourself being taken under the wing of Batman!!

    BRUCE'S POV

  After receiving a call from Gordon, I quickly made my way towards GCPD. Once I made it inside Gordon's office, Gordon stood up from his chair.

  Gordon walked up to me and shook my hand saying,"Nice to see you again, old friend. There is something you should see."

  I nodded and followed Jim. He led us inside one of the forensic labs. It looked like they were running tests on a young man and woman.

  I examined the bodies, and Gordon smiled saying,"Think you could help on this one, Batman? Also, there was a little one with them. I will take you to her, after you are done here."

  I immediately felt the need to check on the little one. No one should ever have to lose their parents this young. I blinked, before I regained my focus.

  I sighed and said,"The two victims were shot from a high distance, which means-"

  Gordon sighed, too, before he said,"They did not even see it coming. The daughter is still shaken up from it, but I was hoping you could talk to her. Get her to tell us if she saw anything that could help us out."

  I nodded and said,"Sure, Jim. Where is she now?"

  Gordon motioned for me to follow him. I kept my eyes open for the little girl, but I could not find her. Finally, I spotted her sitting down in one of the office chairs. She was shaking, and tears were constantly falling down her face. I could only imagine how she was feeling right now. In that very moment, I saw myself as a young boy sitting in front of my dead parents.

  She cried loudly and said,"I...I wanna go home. Batman?"

  I smiled weakly at her, and she was surprised. I couldn't blame her, since I wasn't known for smiling at people. I thought I would make an exception for her.
  I bent down in front of her, and she immediately hugged my neck. I picked her up and sat down in the chair with her.

  She cried on my chest and sniffed saying,"My mom and dad were shot by some g...guy with a gun. It was really long, and...and I have never seen it b...before. Batman, I...I miss them so much."

  I rubbed her back and let her talk. She needed to get all of it out. No matter if she was scared or not.

  I pulled away and held her face saying,"What is your name, sweetheart?"

  She wiped her tears and said,"Y/N. Can I come with you? Please."

  Gordon tried to pull Y/N away from me, but she would not budge.

  I put my hand on his shoulder and said,"It is fine. Y/N can stay with me. Jim, there is nowhere else she can go. Trust me, we will be all right."

  Gordon looked at Y/N's sleeping form and smiled, before he nodded and made his way back into his office. I kissed Y/N's forehead, before I carried her outside and buckled her in.
  Realizing she was in my care, I safely drove back to Wayne Manor. Once I got there, I jumped out and picked Y/N up. I had only turned away for about two minutes, and Y/N was up again.

  Y/N giggled but smiled innocently at me. In return, I gave her my best smile. She looked around, and her mouth hung open. I sat her down, yet it seemed she didn't want to sit down. Y/N bounced up and down then ran to all the different exhibits and monuments of fallen heroes.
  From where I was standing, Y/N seemed really interested in Jason's Red Hood suit. That was odd. It was not a reaction I was used to seeing. It was a good kind of odd, though.

  Her attention snapped to me, and she enthusiastically said to me,"Can I meet him? I WANNA MEET HIM, BATMAN!!"

  I nodded, and Y/N ran to me, hugging my waist. I hugged her back as best as I could and contemplated on whether to tell Y/N or not. I did not want to lose her, because I could tell this family would need Y/N here. Her personality already seemed like the type that would fit perfectly in this household.
  I slowly took off my mask and waited for Y/N's reaction. Y/N looked at me in shock, but it was slowly replaced with a smile. A smile that was too bright for me to comprehend as meaning anything negative.

  I carefully picked Y/N up, and she asked me,"Mr. Wayne, where are we going?"

  "To meet your family."

  I sent Y/N a comforting smile, since I knew it would take her a while to get used to being here. If introducing her to the others would help, then I would not waste any time.
  I carried her up the stairs, and then I sat her down on the sofa, making my way into the kitchen.

  Alfred sent me a smile saying,"Good to see that you are safe and back home, Master Wayne. Is there something you wish to talk about?"

  I went to say something, but Y/N ran up behind me and whimpered, burying her face in my pants leg.

  I frowned and stroked her hair, asking,"Y/N, what's wrong?"

  I looked around, and then Damian rushed into the kitchen with Titus. Y/N's breath quickened, and my best guess was she didn't like dogs very much.

  I held her, while I said to Damian,"Son, take Titus outside. Y/N is scared of him. Do it, Damian."

  Damian rolled his eyes and narrowed his eyes at Y/N, which caused her to become even more afraid. I sighed, because Damian was already scaring Y/N. Damian would certainly be apologizing to Y/N later and making up for it. This very second, I was more concerned with Y/N meeting everyone. Y/N noticed Alfred, and Alfred just handed her a cookie.

  Y/N mumbled,"Thank you."

  Alfred kissed her forehead, before Y/N continued to hide behind my leg. A couple of minutes later, Jason, Tim, and Dick all entered the kitchen.

  Tim smiled at Y/N and said,"Hey, cutie. What is your name?"

  Y/N shyly smiled saying,"Y/N. I like your costume."

  Tim's smile grew, while Y/N just looked at Dick and Jason.

  Dick bent down in front of Y/N and said,"My name is Richard, but you can call me Dick. You are very beautiful, Y/N."

  Y/N played with Dick's hands, before he chuckled and kissed her cheek. Dick stood back, before Jason tried to introduce himself to Y/N.
  Y/N squealed and attacked him in a hug. Jason was extremely shocked, but he hugged back. Y/N's eyes filled with tears, and Jason loosened his grip.

  Jason thought he was hurting Y/N, but she pulled him back.

  Y/N cried saying,"Please don't leave me. Thank you for saving me."

  Jason just held her tighter and comforted Y/N, before he ended up putting Y/N to sleep. I only smiled. Y/N may have been scared now, but she would be just fine with Alfred and the boys here (when I'm away) to be here for her.