You Adopt a Child With Her (Chapter 3)

28 year old POV

Taylor, Isaac, and Asher have been living with you and Rae for about a month now and summer is coming to an end. You enrolled them into a private school near you. The campus has a preschool-12th grade program. They start in two days so it's time to break the news to them.

"Hey..so we enrolled you into a private school that's near here." Rae tells your kids.

"S-school??" Asher ask with a scared look.

"Yeah. All three of you are going to start up. They will start preschool and you are going to be in the 10th grade based off what Ms.Williams said." You tell him with a reassuring smile.

"I..I can't. I have to go.." he says and goes to his room. You try to follow him but Rae grabs your arm.

"Just give him some time..he will be okay."

"Okay Rae.." soon your attention is focused on the excited toddlers to start preschool.

***

Rae soon finds herself at Asher's door and knows lightly. She holds a box in her hands and is excited to give it to him.

"It's open.." he says sounding upset. She opens the door and smiles holding the box.

"Hey. This arrived for you." He sits up with a confused look.

"But I didn't order anything.."

"Yeah..but me and y/n did. So how about you open it."

"Okay.." he says and opens it slowly. His eyes tears up as he takes out the contents of the box. Three different binders, all his size. "Y-you got me a real one??"

"Yeah. We want you to bind safely. It's not safe to use those bandages. We told you no but you continued to use them. Just remember to take it off when you sleep and don't wear it for more than eight hours."

"Okay. I promise I will listen to you about that." He says with a small smile. "I was wondering if we could go get a haircut today for the first day of school. It's a little too long for my liking.."

"Of course. Let's go." Rae says smiling.

***

(Haircut is next to the uniform and I'm in love with it lmao)

"I like it." You tell Asher as he walks out of Supercuts.

"Thanks. It feels so much lighter. I feel more comfortable with myself too."

"Well that's good. Now let's go get everything you will need for school." Rae says and drives to Target.

" Rae says and drives to Target

(And hand sanitizer, I forgot to edit it in

(And hand sanitizer, I forgot to edit it in.)

***

The alarm goes off at 6:00am so you get out of bed. You make a quick breakfast for everyone and then wake up Taylor, Isaac, and Asher. Taylor and Isaac weren't too happy about getting up at 6:30 but Asher claims he has been up since 3am a nervous wreck.

You had emailed his teachers ahead of time and told them to call him Asher and use the he/him pronouns when addressing him and none of them seemed to have a problem with that.

Rae walks downstairs with two sleepy toddlers on both of her hips. They are both dressed and very whiny. "No mumma..no school." Taylor whines with her eyes still closed.

"Oh but you were so excited yesterday. And your brother will be there with you. You will have fun I promise." Rae says trying to make her want to go.

"Okay.." she mumbles.

You smile at them and feed them breakfast, which today is French toast. Before you know it, you are kissing them all on the head and then kissing your wife's lips quickly so she can take them to school.

***

As Asher roams the hallways, he eventually finds his locker. He celebrates in his head for a second then puts in the combination to put some of his stuff away.

"Hey hottie." He hears an extremely fake voice from behind him. He turns around.

"What do you want?" He says, projecting his voice as deep as he can and making it a little raspy from it being the morning.

"I want to hang out with you soon."

"Sorry. Busy." He says and close his locker.

"Come onnnn. It will be fun. Plus you are the new guy so I can show you around." She winks making him mentally gag.

"Just leave him alone Amber." It's like the world stops for Asher when his eyes fall on this guy. The mystery guy looks Asher up and down before an amused smile tugs at his lips. That makes Asher feel a little self conscious.

He leans on the locker next to him and his heart rate speeds up. "Hey, I'm Noah. I'm a sophomore here. Need someone to show you around?"

"Yeah." Ash says trying to maintain a deep voice.

"Well let me take a look at that schedule." Asher hands it to him and Amber walks away upset. Maybe Asher will learn to like it here.

———————————

Not exactly a Raexreader one today but I want to try to continue this here if you all would like it. It's up to you guys.

-Andy💕