Therapy pt.1

17 year old POV

**TW: Mention of Suicidal thoughts/attempted suicide **

Sighing, you walk through the door to the office you are going to for therapy. This is your first time going since you moved to California and there is no doubt that you are nervous.

You have been living in California for three months now because this is where your mother and father grew up. Unfortunately, a year ago, she had passed away and now you moved back to their hometown.

Your mother got you into competitive roller skating and you stopped when she passed, just recently picking it back up again. Your father feels it will bring up a lot of memories of your mom. He is also worried because a lot of stuff has come up about your ex girlfriend recently, so here you are. In the therapy office checking in at 3:45 for a 4pm appointment after school.

"H-hi..y/n y/l/n.. I'm here for a 4pm appointment.." you say and nervously fiddle with your fingers.

"Wait..y/l/n?? Are you related to (your dads name)??"

"Yeah..I'm his kid."

"You look exactly like (your mothers name)."

"Thank you.." you whisper. That's when Rae walks out.

"Please don't make my new patient look like they have seen a ghost, Emily." She says with a joking smile.

"But..they look so much like their mother.."

"Yes, I know. I went to school with their parents. And I was best friends with their dad in high school." Rae says. "Well come on y/n. Let's go to my office." She says and leads you there.

You take a seat and start picking at the skin around your nails. She sits across from you in a chair. "I'm guessing you know why I'm here." You state bluntly.

"Yes. Your dad told me you started skating again."

"So I'm assuming he told you about Lily." You say, again with no emotion.

"Yes. He said that her name has come up a lot since you moved here."

"Mmhmm." You huff out. Not in the mood to be here anymore.

"Why is that?"

"I don't know..she's just been calling." Rae nods and you continue to pick at your nails occasionally glancing at the scars on your wrists. Some old, some new.

"Is there any reason she is?"

"When I left..I guess things weren't exactly in a good place. My dad probably told you about her cheating on me months leading up to my mom's death and then a while after. She broke up with me two months before I left and is assuming that's the reason I left home in New Hampshire."

"I'm sorry to hear that.."

"It's fine. I'm also going to assume that he told you that I tried to kill myself two weeks after Lily broke up with me."

"Actually..he didn't. But let's talk about that. Why did you do it?"

"Well I was sick of everything I guess. After mom passed I started doing this.." you roll up your sleeves and show her the scars that litter your wrists. "And when Lily broke up with me I felt like I wasn't enough. So I took a whole bottle of painkillers.." you mumble.

"Y/n..have you had a drug problem before this?"

"No." You state emotionlessly again.

"Okay. Unfortunately. Our time is up for today. But I have homework for you. I want you to figure out why you did it. And the next time you come in on Thursday, we will discuss."

"Okay." You say and get up. Rae walks you to the door. Maybe this homework will be harder than you thought..

—————————
Pt. 2 soon my lovelies

-Andy💕