The Street Musician

(19 years old)

You play guitar in the park, subway station, in town, well..pretty much anywhere. You play not only because you want to, but you have to. With your guitar you make money. Not many people want to hire someone with a police record.

In your opinion what you did wasn't so bad. All you did was take some food from a food stand when you were seventeen. You needed to eat something and you didn't have money. Now you have a police record.

Hoping that today will be nice, you set up in the park and tune your guitar. You strum a little bit before playing a few songs. Throughout the day you get various tips but then a woman starts walking by with her dog. You smile a little and start singing while playing.

'If I got nothing left to say
The day turns into night
That I find that you're my one light
And you are holding all the secrets of my life and of my dreams, the light that shines bright

And the song I write for you, is with me every day
The only beat is this heart
And then I know if you're not here, my song will be here so let's go to the start.

And now the song I write for you,
The only thing is a heart that's true.
You are a part of this song, in every chord and note that I write

This song goes on for the two of us
And now the words all start to shine
And I can sing it cause you're here
Because you're the only one I see.'

You stop when she stops in front of you.

"You play the same song every day when I show up. It's a beautiful song I've never heard it..did you write it?"

"Yeah I did. I would love to go to a music school but I can't afford it so I play as a street musician instead."

"Well you play beautifully. You have a lot of talent. Here." She smiles and puts $50 is your guitar case.

"Oh no no no..that's too much." You say feeling shy now.

"Please take it. You are very talented and you deserve it!" She says smiling. Her dog comes over and licks your face.

"Oh hello handsome. What's your name?" You say ruffling the dogs fur.

"His name is Mika, I'm Rae. And you are?"

"I'm y/n." You tell her and she smiles. The sun is setting.

"Well it's nice to meet you y/n. Maybe I can walk you home?"

"Uhh..sure.." you say and pack up your guitar. With the guitar case in hand you begin your 20 minute walk to the homeless shelter. It wasn't the best place but you have learned to call it home.

The two of you laugh and talk the entire way like you have known each other for years. The walk soon ends and you stop outside the homeless shelter.

"This is my stop.." you whisper looking down, suddenly feeling ashamed.

"But..you don't look homeless.." she says, a look of sadness appears on her face.

"I get that a lot. I'm not your stereotype of a homeless person. But I'm managing so you don't have to worry.." you give her a sad smile.

"Do you not have enough of an income from your job?"

"Uhh..I can't get a job. People don't like to hire people with criminal records..you steal two apples because you are hungry and you are looked at as if you robbed a bank.." you explain.

"I don't want you there.."

"What other choice do I have Rae?" Your voice cracks a little. "This is my life and I can't do much about it.."

"Then stay with me and Mika. We have an extra room in my apartment. Just please..I really don't want you in the shelter anymore." She pleads with you.

"I don't know. How will I pay you back?"

"You don't have to. But if you want to you can sing to me and that will be payment enough." She says smiling. You grab her hand and give her a small smile.

"I would love to then." The two of you grab your belongings from the shelter and walk back to her apartment. She leaves out towels and clean clothes for you to shower which you gratefully accept.

When you exit the bathroom you are in one of her hoodies and her sweatpants. "Awwww." She says. "I hope you like pizza because that's what I ordered.." she says sheepishly holding a box of pizza.

You nod and go to the couch, where the two of you watch Netflix and eat pizza until you both fall asleep.

—————————
Enjoy my beloveds! The song is from the Disney show Violetta! It's very good and I recommend it, 1000/10. Make sure you leave requests if you have any ideas (:

I've been getting requests for smut so let me know if you all would be up for that :P

-Andy💕