Summer camp

You sigh at the words that left your moms mouth. "Wake up. You are going to summer camp." You look at the clock and it says 4:30am. You hated summer camp. You don't like the cabins. You are always stuck with the worst roommates. The food is bad. The mosquitos and you get homesick. But you won't admit that.

You go and start collecting everything you needed for the next eight weeks. That means sunblock, bug repellent, aloe spray, a water bottle,T-shirts, tank tops, shorts, underwear/bras, a pair of sweatpants, a hoodie, raincoat, sneakers, hiking boots, a pair of flip flops, 2 swimsuits, shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, brush/comb, pads/tampons, hair ties and bedding. You are also going to a new camp..fun..

That should be everything you think to yourself. Placing your charger in your backpack and phone in your pocket you bring your suitcase to your moms car. The clock reads 6:00am now so your run back inside and eat a quick breakfast before taking your backpack with you back to the car.

The car ride is silent. You don't feel like talking. It's too early to be doing this. "I hope you have fun this year." Your mom says as she pulls up to the camp. You've been in the car for the last 4 hours.

"I'll try.." you mutter. You take your suitcase and backpack out of the back. You were going to miss your mom. 8 weeks without seeing her never gets easier.

You hug her quickly. "I'll call you soon. Bye.." you say.

"Bye honey." You walk to the check in table.

"Hello! Whats your name?" A councilor asks you.

"I'm y/n y/l/n.."

"Oh okay you will be in cabin 12." You nod a bit and go to the cabin. It is set back in the woods a bit near the lake. When you go in you see a camp councilor and four other girls about your age.

"Hello." The councilor says. "My name is Molly. Do you girls want to introduce yourselves?"

"I'm Imane."

"I'm Brooke."

"I'm Tina." She waves shyly.

"I'm Rae." She flashes you a quick smile.

"I'm y/n." You say looking down at your feet.

"Well it's 11am now so you can get settled in and we can head to the dining hall at 12 for lunch. Then we can discuss an activity to do." You nod and slide your suitcase under your bunk then you make your bed.

***

12pm comes around and you realize how close Imane, Brooke, Tina and Rae are. You feel a bit left out. You follow behind the group and kick a rock along the trail. Molly comes over to you.

"Everything alright?" You nod a little. "Well if there's anything wrong you can come to me." She says.

Why would I do that? "Okay thank you.." you find a spot by yourself in the dining hall. You liked being alone sometimes. A boy with darker hair and a baggy T-shirt comes over.

"Hi. I'm Sykkuno." He says.

"Y/n.."

"That's a nice name."

"Sykkuno!!!!" You hear someone yell then you see your bunk mate run over and hug him.

"Oh hey Rae. This is Y/n. I think we will be good friends."

"Oh I know y/n. She's in my cabin Syk."

"That's cool. We should be like the trio or something. That would be cool." Sykkuno says excitedly. You nod a little and Rae smiles sitting with you two.

***

After lunch your cabin went to do arts and crafts then went to the lake. You didn't feel like swimming so you juggle a soccer ball at your feet.

"You're really good." You hear a familiar voice say. You stop the ball under your foot and look at her.

"Thanks Rae. Why aren't you swimming?" You ask.

"I just didn't feel like it. Plus I didn't want to leave you alone." That makes your heart melt a little.

"Oh okay." You smile at her. She's a really sweet person.

***
(2 days later)

You and your bunk mates are currently getting ready for bed. Lights out is at 9:30 so you all get in bed. The lamps get turned out and around 10:00 you can tell people are asleep.

You keep tossing and turning and you wish you were home right now. You miss it. You miss your mom, you miss your dog/cat(or pet you have), you miss the rest of your family and you miss your friends. Most of all you miss your bed.

It's always like this the first few nights then around the middle of the camp sessions. Rae listens to your quiet sniffles and eventually comes over to your bunk.

"Hey is everything alright?" She whispers. You wipe your tears and nod a bit. It's stupid..you shouldn't still be getting homesick.

"I'll take that as a no..come here.." she whispered and motions you to step outside the cabin for a minute. You listen to her and you are now on the porch of the cabin. The two of you sit on the porch swing and she wraps her arms around you.

"Tell me what's been keeping you up these past few nights.."

"I..I just miss home."

"Ahhh you're homesick. I get that. But think about how much fun you can have here. You've been having fun with Sykkuno, me, Brooke, Tina and Imane. I miss my dog Mika. But Mika will be there when I get home. By the end of the summer you won't want to leave." You nod a little bit and shiver as the cool air hits your bare shoulders.

"Here." She says and puts her hoodie on you. "You look so cuteeeeeee." You blush and appear small in the slightly older girls hoodie.

The two of you cuddle out there for a bit before you fall asleep. Rae smiles and carries you inside and lays you down on her bunk which is the bottom one.

She crawls in next to you and her arms wrap around you. You smile a bit in your sleep and she moves the hair out of your face. At that moment Rae knew that she'd do anything to make you feel loved and safe here.

—————————————

This one is so cute..I feel lonely now..don't forget to send in requests! I love writing this book for you guys!!!

-Andy💕