She has separation anxiety

(21 year old POV)

"Hey babe I need to go to the store I'll be back." You tell your girlfriend who is typing on her computer. Probably a college essay.

"I'll come with you!" She says and gets off her chair.

"No, sweetheart. You need to do your college work. You should stay and finish your paper." You explain.

"I want to come with you.." she whispers and plays with the hem of her hoodie, which is technically yours.

"I'll only be gone for a little bit my love." You say holding her face gently in your hands.

"B-but I want to go.." you sigh lightly because you are going out to get things for your first year of being together. You wanted to get her flowers, her favorite candy, a necklace you finally have enough money for and take out from her favorite restaurant.

"I'll be back. Call me if you need anything okay?" You put on your coat, grab your phone, keys and wallet before kissing her forehead and walking out the door of your apartment.

Rae's bottom lip quivers and tears threaten to fall. You left her. She is used to doing everything with you. She takes her phone and is about to text you.

Maybe y/n is mad at me. What if they doesn't come back? What if they think I'm too clingy. What if they don't want me anymore..

Her thoughts race and she places her phone back on the table. Her stomach turns, bringing an unpleasant pain in her stomach. Rae looks out the window as your car pulls out of the parking lot.

They are mad..

She goes into the shared bedroom of you too and takes another one of your hoodies. She crawls on the bed and hugs it close to her body.

Y/n will be back..they promised. Thy never break their promises.

Her small frame holds your hoodie with a strong grip fearing someone will take it, or you from her. An hour later, you pull back into the parking lot and lock the car when you get out.

Chocolates, check, flowers, check, card, check, necklace, check, and dinner, check. You unlock the apartment and walk inside. "I'm home." You say but get no response.

You place the flowers In water, put dinner on plates, set the table, and put her gifts on the table. Then you go to the bedroom to see a sleeping Rae holding your hoodie and has tear stained cheeks.

You sit on the bed and stroke her arm softly. "Princess.." you whisper. Her eyes flutter open and she smiles weakly.

"Y/n! You're back!" She says and hugs you tight.

"I'm right here baby. I'm not going anywhere." You whisper in her ear. You pick her up and bring her to the kitchen.

"Happy anniversary, my love." You tell her and she smiles.

"Happy anniversary." She giggles and holds your hand across the table.

——————————

Enjoy my lovelies,

-Andy💕